Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What kind of shirt to wear to public feed?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 24 Replies

I still have 70 some days til our precious baby girl gets here but I was wondering what kind of shirts to buy to feed discreetly in public? I will have a cover but what is the most comfortable shirt you have found to wear with breastfeeding? TIA :)

by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steffiecox
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM
I use the twol shirt method. Tank top underneath a t-shirt
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Adjustable strap tank tops so I can pull them down without stretching out the neckline. Then if I'm wearing a shirt over that I can just lift it up and be completely covered. I don't use anything else to cover unless baby is asleep latched on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Me too, I use a nursing tank under any shirt I feel like wearing, just as long as it's a shirt I can easily pull up over my breast, which all of my shirts do. :-)

Quoting steffiecox: I use the twol shirt method. Tank top underneath a t-shirt
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I wore all kinds of shirts. THe trick: Never tuck in. Pull UP, never ever down. Baby covers the bottom half, shirt covers the top.

DylsMom12
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM

tanktop..tshirt..doesnt matter to me..i have been breastfeeding for 11 months almost..just pull your shirt up and go lol ....with a cover though in public.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Yep! A tank top under a shirt is what I did.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: Me too, I use a nursing tank under any shirt I feel like wearing, just as long as it's a shirt I can easily pull up over my breast, which all of my shirts do. :-)

Quoting steffiecox: I use the twol shirt method. Tank top underneath a t-shirt
shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 8, 2013 at 5:09 AM
I do this also but I bought the men's ribbed tank tops (like the undershirt kind). They go back to normal shape when washed. Plus they hug your body. Nursing tanks always felt to me like I was wearing 2 shirts and it seemed bulky. With the ribbed tanks I barely notice the tank.

Quoting polkaspots: Adjustable strap tank tops so I can pull them down without stretching out the neckline. Then if I'm wearing a shirt over that I can just lift it up and be completely covered. I don't use anything else to cover unless baby is asleep latched on.
kaejordan
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Strap less dresses and shirts to me are the best. All I have to do is pull out and nurse. 

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Whatever shirt I want with a tank under it
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM
And I've never used a cover.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)