Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ot, frustrating day!

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM
  • 16 Replies
So, we live in Los Angeles county, about 35-45 minutes to LA. Dh and I share the van, when he doesnt get the van he rides his motorcycle to work. Well, we had a homebirth for Samara, which means.we have to schedule an appointment to get her birth cerificate in LA. So, i scheduled it months in advance. I set my phone calendar for 11:30 right after making the appointment on the phone, they mailed confirmation. Well, I came with all four kids, only parking I could find was 2.45 for every 15 minutes. As we were walking there a nice man asked me about my kids. He mentioned he also had.l four and he was very sweet, seeing how stressed we were. We get there and a guy said that it was at 12. I said that I put 11:30, and he said they only do appointments by the hour, and.it was actually at 11! (Btw it only takes 30 minutes.to do! This is my third time doing it). I explained to the lady that we share the van, we need a social security number for her to be on our insurance and she has been several times without being on iur insurance. She wouldnt budge. So, we made the appointment for february. I was in tears. i called dh and he said that I should talk to a manager. As i was on the phone we ran into the guy that we met earlier (he works there) and he asked if we.got the birth certificate. I explained what happened and he said that he knows the manager and told me to ask for him by name. So i did. The lady was rude and said that he was in a meeting, and we decided to wait. Well, he came out and was very sympathetic, but couldnt get us the birth certificate that day. He said that he will call me and we will be able to be seen next week. So, yeah, that was my day. I feel like we wasted an entire day! Homeschool, so that was interrupted as well :(
by on Dec. 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Aw. ☹ (((HUGS)))
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM

thank you! Good news though, I got Samara's Christmas present and the boys took thier first gymnastics lesson and loved it!

Quoting aehanrahan: Aw. ☹ (((HUGS)))

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Sorry mama, that is frustrating!!! ((Hugs))
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! 😊

Quoting Precious333:

thank you! Good news though, I got Samara's Christmas present and the boys took thier first gymnastics lesson and loved it!

Quoting aehanrahan: Aw. ☹ (((HUGS)))

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Maybe I'm being dense, but if you thought the appointment was for 11:30 and got there on time for that, and they said it was for 12:00... what was the problem? Other than you were suddenly 30 minutes early?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 11, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Oops. Missed that part, they said 12, but tgen looked at it and it was for 11:00,.so 30 mins late.

Quoting larissalarie: Maybe I'm being dense, but if you thought the appointment was for 11:30 and got there on time for that, and they said it was for 12:00... what was the problem? Other than you were suddenly 30 minutes early?
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Ohhhh THAT makes much more sense!
I'm sorry that happened. That really sucks.

Quoting Precious333: Oops. Missed that part, they said 12, but tgen looked at it and it was for 11:00,.so 30 mins late.

Quoting larissalarie: Maybe I'm being dense, but if you thought the appointment was for 11:30 and got there on time for that, and they said it was for 12:00... what was the problem? Other than you were suddenly 30 minutes early?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, hopefully they can get me in next weej when a babysitter is available and not on a rainy day ( that would suck if dh had to ride in the rain).

Quoting larissalarie: Ohhhh THAT makes much more sense!

I'm sorry that happened. That really sucks.

Quoting Precious333: Oops. Missed that part, they said 12, but tgen looked at it and it was for 11:00,.so 30 mins late.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM

There's only ONE office in LA county to get a birth certificate????

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Yep! I did hear that if you give birth in pasadena you can.go there, but we didnt :(

Quoting gdiamante:

There's only ONE office in LA county to get a birth certificate????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)