Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breastfeeding to formula

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 20 Replies
I have to go back to work, and I don't have enough to pump. Will baby eventually take a formula bottle? Because he won't take it now.??
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelchewning
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Im curious, why isnt there enough to pump?

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM
He may not. He may just wait until you get home to eat.

How much are you able to pump? Can you leave anything at all, and will he take that?
SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Some women just don't respond well to pumps. There's plenty of milk, they are just unable to get it out with a pump.

Quoting angelchewning:

angelchewning
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I realize this, but she didnt say pumps dont work well for her, she stated there isnt enough to pump.

Quoting SewingMamaLele: Some women just don't respond well to pumps. There's plenty of milk, they are just unable to get it out with a pump.

Quoting angelchewning:

m0mmi_of_4
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM
When I pump it comes out really slow, and I don't even get an ounce before nothing comes out

Quoting angelchewning:

I realize this, but she didnt say pumps dont work well for her, she stated there isnt enough to pump.

Quoting SewingMamaLele: Some women just don't respond well to pumps. There's plenty of milk, they are just unable to get it out with a pump.

Quoting angelchewning:

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting m0mmi_of_4: When I pump it comes out really slow, and I don't even get an ounce before nothing comes out

Quoting angelchewning:

Quoting angelchewning:

That's a normal pump output. It can range from 0.5-2 oz both sides combined. What kind of pump do you have and how old is baby?
m0mmi_of_4
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I have the electric avent pump, and baby is 6 weeks

Quoting Junebaby18:
Quoting m0mmi_of_4: When I pump it comes out really slow, and I don't even get an ounce before nothing comes out

Quoting angelchewning:

Quoting angelchewning:

That's a normal pump output. It can range from 0.5-2 oz both sides combined. What kind of pump do you have and how old is baby?
m0mmi_of_4
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Are you serious!!:( that's 8 hours! What am I suppose to do??

Quoting SewingMamaLele: He may not. He may just wait until you get home to eat.

How much are you able to pump? Can you leave anything at all, and will he take that?
K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
If he slept 8 hours at this point, you'd be ecstatic, right?oSome e babies will go 8 hrs during the day and wait for mom to get home.

Quoting m0mmi_of_4: Are you serious!!:( that's 8 hours! What am I suppose to do??

Quoting SewingMamaLele: He may not. He may just wait until you get home to eat.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree with previos poster, normal output! :-) Also how often and at what times do you pump? Pump first thing in the morning either 30-60 minutes before baby's first feed or pump one side while baby nurses on the other for best output. You may also have to keep this up on the weekend/ days off as well.

Remember the 1-1.25 oz/hour of seperation rule in bottles no larger than 3 ounces every 2-3 hours, and make sure baby's caregiver is familiar with paced bottle-feeds/ bottle-feeding the breastfed baby (on kellymom.com)

Quoting angelchewning:

Quoting angelchewning:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN