Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

No more nipple confusion: Study says pacifiers may help breast-feeding

Posted by   + Show Post
I say bull!!! I went through nipple confusion with Autumn.

http://m.today.com/moms/no-more-nipple-confusion-study-says-pacifiers-may-help-breast-743227
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Yes, I definitely do! Unfortunately my budget is more than tight right now and my insurance will not cover tongue or lip tie revisions without a referral. :-(

Quoting aehanrahan: GOOD!!! Let me know when you get the appointment set! I can't wait for you to say how much better nursing is once she can latch properly. Amanda needs to do the same thing for her boys. I keep thinking you two need to go together.

Quoting mama-smurf: Yes she accepts my insursncd. Im saving up right now for the gas and my bfs car battery died so he has to get it fixed. Im gonna save like $75 or so for the drive there and back. As soon as i get the money ill make an appt. Autumns also teething and drooling like crazy so that factors in too.

Quoting aehanrahan: Felisha, are you going to take her to the other dentist to get her tongue clipped? I can understand why you want her to have the pacifier since it hurts to nurse.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I can relate to the money issues.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: Yes, I definitely do! Unfortunately my budget is more than tight right now and my insurance will not cover tongue or lip tie revisions without a referral. :-(

Quoting aehanrahan: GOOD!!! Let me know when you get the appointment set! I can't wait for you to say how much better nursing is once she can latch properly. Amanda needs to do the same thing for her boys. I keep thinking you two need to go together.

Quoting mama-smurf: Yes she accepts my insursncd. Im saving up right now for the gas and my bfs car battery died so he has to get it fixed. Im gonna save like $75 or so for the drive there and back. As soon as i get the money ill make an appt. Autumns also teething and drooling like crazy so that factors in too.

Quoting aehanrahan: Felisha, are you going to take her to the other dentist to get her tongue clipped? I can understand why you want her to have the pacifier since it hurts to nurse.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Right!? Oh well, at least they can latch and transfer milk!

Quoting aehanrahan:

I can relate to the money issues.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: Yes, I definitely do! Unfortunately my budget is more than tight right now and my insurance will not cover tongue or lip tie revisions without a referral. :-(

outstandingLove
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

This was my thought as well. Even if pacifiers don't cause nipple confusion it would still interfere with breastfeeding supply.

Quoting Smokeygirl:

Hmm... I have a hard time believing this, if only for the fact that it takes away the supply building benifits of comfort nursing. Pacifiers have always and will always be mom replacement devices.

hello_kitty25
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:43 PM
My dd name is autumn also! I used pacifiers with both her and ds. And they breastfed forever! I don't think it had any effect on them
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM
What insurance do you have? I have United health care through the state. Ins said needed referral but the drs just tell me not to worry about it,

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I also think the study is bull, I don't see any other variables accounted for.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I have medicaid and delta dental, neither will cover it, I called both brfore I took Coen in for his ULT

Quoting mama-smurf: What insurance do you have? I have United health care through the state. Ins said needed referral but the drs just tell me not to worry about it,

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:59 PM
You called amanda kaufman in ann arbor? Pedi won't give referral? Time fpr new pedi

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: I have medicaid and delta dental, neither will cover it, I called both brfore I took Coen in for his ULT

Quoting mama-smurf: What insurance do you have? I have United health care through the state. Ins said needed referral but the drs just tell me not to worry about it,

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM
No, I called the insurance companies. I am on my fourth pedi in 5 months! :-/ Nobody here knows anything!

Quoting mama-smurf: You called amanda kaufman in ann arbor? Pedi won't give referral? Time fpr new pedi

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: I have medicaid and delta dental, neither will cover it, I called both brfore I took Coen in for his ULT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)