Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

baby constipation ?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 35 Replies
My son is now six weeks. Hes always had trouble pooping. He screams for hrs to get out wet poop. But for the most part he poops every day. Its been two days now and no poop. Hes been screaming constantly. He strains and all that comes out is gas. Lots of gas. You can hear his belly girgle all day. But nothing has come out. Any suggestions for help ? Weve done gripe water, bicycle legs , warm baths ,extra feedings , tummy rubs , back rubs. What am i missing ? I even tried baking soda on his tongue that several people have told me to try. Any ideas would be great ! Please and thank you.
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelchewning
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:58 AM

sounds like youve tried almost everything. any use of Gas Drops yet?

larafrost
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Yep. Tried those too. I hate to go the doc if i can fix it my self. I know they think im already a paranoid first time mom. Weve been to the doc every week since he was born. Mostly for his tummy issues.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Does he get any formula? If he has loose, wet stools when he poops, he's not constipated. His bowel movements may slow down at this age due to his maturing digestive system.
angelchewning
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:03 AM

hmmm. are you eating dairy products?

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this
It is normal as long as he's wetting enough and passing gas. Your milk is nature's best laxative. Not pooping is not constipation. Pooping hard, dry pellets is constipation.
MinaPR
by Mina on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:06 AM

The doctor once gave my baby Miralax and it solved the problem. Why don't you ask his doc?

1stpreggers
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Gas drops would help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larafrost
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM
He gets about 8 ozs of formula a day to go with my breastfeeding. I cut out all dairy and soy because the doc said it could be hurting him. Hes still peeing up a storm and thankfully the gas is coming out but he keeps straining like hes trying to poop and nothing is coming out. Not even wet poots.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Around 6 weeks my son started pooping every 4 days. Totally normal.  I am not seeing how this is constipation. Considering constipation is pooping hard, dry pellets.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

larafrost
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Tried gas drops too. :( his doc thinks im already crazy cause ive been there every week since he was born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN