Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing aversion when tandem nursing

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

I had NO aversion this last pregnancy at all, but since baby was born 4.5 months ago I have horrible aversion with my 3.5 year old.  Its awful.  I can feel his tongue moving when he nurses and it makes my skin crawl.  He is so sweet when he nurses, he asks politely, he really is getting milk and he refuses other milks/sources of calcium mostly so I will keep on nursing him, BUT its like nails on a chalkboard!! Please tell me I am not the only one?!

ONLY thing that works is holding my boob kinda roughly and squeezing so I feel that and n ot the nipple flicking.  I think he has a tongue tie which is why I am botherd by it, I had the babies tongue clipped

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Hugs mama! Setting limits, destraction may work, taking care of yourself and getting enogh sleep. If that doesnt work you may want to re-evaluate continuing. I remember with my first i really really wanted to allow him to self wean. He wasnt ready to stop, he was so sweet while nursing but my nursing aversion turned to where I couldnt even.cuddle anymore because I was so touched out, and I started to get nursing aversions with my baby. One time at night my baby tried to latch when I was sleeping that I freaked out and unlatched him only half way awake and realized it was the baby.Thats when I realized that weaning was necessary for my older child. We had already set limits and nightweaned, so that was the next step. Sorry, I wish I had a magic solution.
Aandie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM
I feel this way with my two year old, mostly at bedtime though. If I am able to nurse her by herself I have a lot less feelings of hate.
ETA the holding boob thing helps a little for me too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie3804
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I feel the exact same way nursing my 2 1/2 year old and 5 month old. I'm no help with suggestions, but I too end up squeezing my breast too as he nurses. It was worse when my daughter was first born because he was getting a lazy latch. My son will not drink any other milk either so I want to make sure he gets what he needs. I feel horrible about it too, because I was fine with him nursing while pregnant, but once I had my daughter it feels so different. I usually just suck it up and try to distract him with a toy after he gets done.

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I'm no help since my newborn isn't here yet, but I'm here for you!!

You helped me a great deal a couple weeks ago when I PMed you about my nursing aversion towards my 21 month old.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I am in exactly the same boat with Cruz! I have considered weaning him a few times because I have been so uncomfortable with it. I also have to squeeze whatver breast he is on until it's over! :-/
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Also Cruz is weaning ........ backwards!!! He has barely eaten anything but BM from the tap for the past 3 weeks! I feel like I have 2 newborns! Or maybe 3 since Cruz seems to nurse twice as often as Coen!
hapababies
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I'm with you and I'm only nursing a 2.5 year old. The only thing that gets me through it is telling him that he has a minute and I play on my iPod. If he starts getting lazy with his latch or messes around, I tell him it's all gone, kiss him and tell him that I love him. He chooses to cuddle me to sleep or sleep on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN