Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

should i still laser it?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
  • 39 Replies

Mobile Photo

Autumn has a PTT. I was going to get it lasered when Autumn does this to me. Since she has a gene simmons tongue (lol) should i reconsider?
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Not sure, but whay a cutie! If you're having issues, than maybe you should.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I dont know if the issues are from the lip tie or her PTT

Quoting Precious333: Not sure, but whay a cutie! If you're having issues, than maybe you should.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Well. I guess it doesnt hurt to do both. My daughter had a tongue tie and her tongue went out far enough but i could tell a difference in her nursing after we clipped it.

Quoting mama-smurf: I dont know if the issues are from the lip tie or her PTT

Quoting Precious333: Not sure, but whay a cutie! If you're having issues, than maybe you should.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Really? I thought a tongue tie restricts it and if she can stick her tongue out far then it wouldnt interfere. I have one too. It hurts when i lift my tongue up. When i yawn or anything i keep my tongue doen. Random i know lol.

Quoting Precious333: Well. I guess it doesnt hurt to do both. My daughter had a tongue tie and her tongue went out far enough but i could tell a difference in her nursing after we clipped it.

Quoting mama-smurf: I dont know if the issues are from the lip tie or her PTT

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Her tongue may be longer than average (:-)) but if there is still a posterior tie, I would have it clipped to avoid speech or swallowing/texture issues.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Texture issues? Is it possible she has that now? I tried giving her applesauce and she refused it.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Her tongue may be longer than average (:-)) but if there is still a posterior tie, I would have it clipped to avoid speech or swallowing/texture issues.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Mobile Photo

Ignore teeth. Im still in pain from dental work that was done and hurts brushing.

My tongue tie! Omg wow!
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Mobile Photo

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I have a PTT also and can stick my tongue out like that!!! My teeth are horrible, I get migraines, and have a really bad texture aversion that I'm pretty sure have all been caused by the PTT.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I can't eat oatmeal due to the texture. I can't even swallow it! It makes me gag. I have others also... Like I don't eat fruits and vegetables either. 😩

Quoting mama-smurf: Texture issues? Is it possible she has that now? I tried giving her applesauce and she refused it.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Her tongue may be longer than average (:-)) but if there is still a posterior tie, I would have it clipped to avoid speech or swallowing/texture issues.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)