Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Favorite?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

So when I had DD2, it was before the breastpump regulations began with insurance. I still nurse her (at 21 months) and have never used a pump and we didn't really have the money to justify spending on a pump when my boobs worked perfectly fine (and in pretty much every case, better than a pump...especially since I'm a SAHM and didn't NEED to pump).

But now that I'm pregnant with #3 and our insurance covers pumps and supplies 100%, I'm tempted to get a pump so at some point, DH and I can have time away from baby when she's a bit older without feeling guilty that she's not being fed.

I called my insurance and they sent me to a site where I could order. So, what's your FAVORITE pump?

The site says the best ones available are:

-Lansinoh double electric
-Melodi Advanced
-Hygeia Enjoye
-Phillips Avent
-Rumble Tuff double electric
-Nuk Expressive double electric

Honestly, I've heard the most about Medela so I've heard very little about the others. Am I missing an answer on the FAQ posts? If so, lemme know!

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
If they cover 100% go with the hygeia. I wish I had my choice and could have gotten that one. Not only is it a closed system but they offer a 3 year warranty. Also at the end of that 3 years you contact the company and they send you a box to ship it back to them so they can reuse/repurpose the pump so it's not filling up a landfill.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM
No question about it...Hygeia
robibuni
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM
What about it do you like? I've never even heard of this brand.

Quoting stepconfused182: No question about it...Hygeia
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:02 PM
The quality, the warranty, the customer service, the fact that it's a closed system, the fact that Hygeia recycles their pumps, the output I get with one compared to other brands and the success I've seen other moms have with it. I have heard terrible things lately about the medela open system pumps. The milk is backing up in the tubing, causing the pump to malfunction.

Quoting robibuni: What about it do you like? I've never even heard of this brand.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Yep!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Lol. I guess its no contest!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)