Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

still losing weight

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
No poops since we got home(she had a lot of poops in the hospital but no pees). But a lot of pee diapers. The nurses that come visit you after baby. Are concered. And says I need to supplement more! I have her on the breast as much as she wants which tends to be every 1-1.5 hrs during the day. I have tried pumping but only get 5ml in a 20min session. (Both breast.) Pretty much the same as hand expressing.. but I can tell I get much much much more with her in the breast. But apparently its not enough she is down 295grams from birth(3300grams).(yesterday she weighed 3015grams and today the scale said 3005grams) I'm at a loss. Mind you I do supplement forumla. 40mls 2-3times at nighttime feedings. At least she's not as jandance anymore...grrr frustrating
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Those portable scales that come around with nurses are not very reliable at all. They can be off by a lot and aren't calibrated correctly each time.

In the beginning it is very normal to lose weight for a baby. How old is baby again? The first week or two is loss and then start to gain.
pregnantmama105
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1wk today. Its just frustrating. They keep going by how much a ff baby eats and such and that I'm not making enough milk to feed her so oh you have to supplement....

Quoting Junebaby18: Those portable scales that come around with nurses are not very reliable at all. They can be off by a lot and aren't calibrated correctly each time.

In the beginning it is very normal to lose weight for a baby. How old is baby again? The first week or two is loss and then start to gain.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Quoting pregnantmama105: 1wk today. Its just frustrating. They keep going by how much a ff baby eats and such and that I'm not making enough milk to feed her so oh you have to supplement....

Quoting Junebaby18: Those portable scales that come around with nurses are not very reliable at all. They can be off by a lot and aren't calibrated correctly each time.

Is there any way you can ask then not to come back again? Nicely of course.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Or make the next apt and then cancel it the day before and not reschedule them to come again.
pregnantmama105
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
I'm not sure. I'm in canada. And I always was told its requireed
Or they have you investgated by social services (our cps)

Quoting Junebaby18:
Quoting pregnantmama105: 1wk today. Its just frustrating. They keep going by how much a ff baby eats and such and that I'm not making enough milk to feed her so oh you have to supplement....

pregnantmama105
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
They phone you and ask if they can come that day (and they show up 10-60mins later)

Quoting Junebaby18: Or make the next apt and then cancel it the day before and not reschedule them to come again.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Quoting pregnantmama105: I'm not sure. I'm in canada. And I always was told its requireed
Or they have you investgated by social services (our cps)

Quoting Junebaby18:

You need to research that. It may not be as required, as often at least, as some people say.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Quoting pregnantmama105: They phone you and ask if they can come that day (and they show up 10-60mins later)

Quoting Junebaby18: Or make the next apt and then cancel it the day before and not reschedule them to come again.

Tell them no and that you have something going on that day or have to go somewhere, etc.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Weight loss is normal, 10%. Formula could be the reason there is no poopy diapers.
pregnantmama105
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
That's what I said. I said doesnt it cause constipation.... and they look at me like I'm nuts and still wanted me to supplement. And then they make ne feel by under supplenenting (by thieir standerds. I'd rather not use forunla at all.) I'm not doing the best for my child. That she isn't getting enough volume... i feed her until she refuses the breast. But still want me to pump (now 60ml into her on top of breast feeding)

Quoting Precious333: Weight loss is normal, 10%. Formula could be the reason there is no poopy diapers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN