Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when is it Too late?? question about drying up

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 15 Replies
I ep....have been for almost 16 weeks now...ive been supplementing formula more and only pymping 1-3times per day...i get a lot less each session now....will i just dry up?? Or as long as i pump, no matter how many times,there will be at least some amount of milk??
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamAshley4
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Bump
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
It will grow to be less and harder to get out. What issues are you having?
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Your body will continue to make about the same amount as you remove each day. However, when you are EPing it can be a bit more challenging as there is a tendency to not continue to respond to the pump as well. Some moms who are EPing have a hard time maintaining pump output after 6-9 months, no matter how much they pump.

You may be able to continue only pumping a few times a day with little decline in output. Only time will tell!

If you want to increase the amount you are pumping you can pump more frequently, check your pump parts that may need to be replaced, or even upgrade to a better quality pump. You can also get more milk if you combine hand expression with pumping.

MamAshley4
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Only issue is having the time to pump...with the holidays and sooo much going on ive been neglecting my pumping sessions :(

I dont like the amounts of formula shes been getting...i want her to have more bm

I ysed to pumo 4-6oz/time...now im lucky if i get an ounce

Quoting MusherMaggie: It will grow to be less and harder to get out. What issues are you having?
MamAshley4
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Thanks

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Your body will continue to make about the same amount as you remove each day. However, when you are EPing it can be a bit more challenging as there is a tendency to not continue to respond to the pump as well. Some moms who are EPing have a hard time maintaining pump output after 6-9 months, no matter how much they pump.

You may be able to continue only pumping a few times a day with little decline in output. Only time will tell!

If you want to increase the amount you are pumping you can pump more frequently, check your pump parts that may need to be replaced, or even upgrade to a better quality pump. You can also get more milk if you combine hand expression with pumping.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Unfortunately this is one of those things where you simply have to make the time, even if other things fall to the wayside. 

Quoting MamAshley4: Only issue is having the time to pump...with the holidays and sooo much going on ive been neglecting my pumping sessions :(

I dont like the amounts of formula shes been getting...i want her to have more bm

PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Yep, I used to ep and it sucks :( No matter what you're doing, you have to make the commitment to pump at the set times no matter what. You schedule shopping around and pump in the car if you have to, pump while baby sleeps at night, pump while family visits or you visit them. It's hard work and that's why most people quit so quickly unfortunately

Quoting gdiamante:

Unfortunately this is one of those things where you simply have to make the time, even if other things fall to the wayside. 

Quoting MamAshley4: Only issue is having the time to pump...with the holidays and sooo much going on ive been neglecting my pumping sessions :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TLIF1281
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Yip! It is! I use to pump for outings but even that was too much work! I quit n put her to the breast n up until tonight had dh give her a bottle of bm at night. It worked out great! Pumping just became a pain! I will only pump from now on to comfort cuz my breasts will still get engourged due to my oversupply but its only every couple of days that happens. If that ever stops then I will no longer pump at all.

Quoting PoodleMum: Yep, I used to ep and it sucks :( No matter what you're doing, you have to make the commitment to pump at the set times no matter what. You schedule shopping around and pump in the car if you have to, pump while baby sleeps at night, pump while family visits or you visit them. It's hard work and that's why most people quit so quickly unfortunately

Quoting gdiamante:

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I may be missing earlier posts. Is your baby able to latch at all, or are latching problems the reason for EPing?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)