Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

rauynads

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM
  • 9 Replies
Been getting her to latch on perfectly but my nipples stil come out white. It is extreemly painfull while nursing and even more so as the milk lets down during the feeding. Most of the time in my left but it does happen time to time in my right. Right before the end of the feeding they will feel suddenly like I left ice on them too long. About 10 or so minutes after nursing my nipples will suddenly get really warm n red sometimes a little blue. I have been reading on rauynads and they say evening primrose oil helps and vit b6. There is also a script you can get of blood pressure meds to help. I am going to try the evening prim but if it doesnt ease it atleast some how do I bring this up to my doc without her just treating me for thrush? I have considered a nipple shield but I see maybe 1 good reveiw out of 12 so im going to do everything I can to just do it the way god intended.
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM
I think others have said that keeping their upper body warmer while nursing helps.
TLIF1281
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Thanx. Ya thats why I want a night nursing shirt that opens on the sides but I havent found one. Motherhood only has tanks.

Quoting aehanrahan: I think others have said that keeping their upper body warmer while nursing helps.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Look up vasospasms on kellymom.com. Should be some helpful information there. Do you have Reynauds symptoms in your hands and feet as well?
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM
You could wear a hoodie or something that opens in front over the tank.

Quoting TLIF1281: Thanx. Ya thats why I want a night nursing shirt that opens on the sides but I havent found one. Motherhood only has tanks.

Quoting aehanrahan: I think others have said that keeping their upper body warmer while nursing helps.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I wore a nursing tank under a long sleeve shirt... tank flap down, shirt up, baby on, so I had no exposed skin. Staying warm and taking a multivitamin helps considerably. Nifedipine has some extremely annoying side effects. When I had to take it during preterm labor for 2 months I was fantasizibg about the day I could stop. :-/ Try to deal with your raynauds in every other possible way before resorting to meds.

Quoting TLIF1281: Thanx. Ya thats why I want a night nursing shirt that opens on the sides but I havent found one. Motherhood only has tanks.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:27 AM
2 shirt method works really well, like you would use for nip. I used it 24/7 for 3 years.

Quoting aehanrahan: You could wear a hoodie or something that opens in front over the tank.

TLIF1281
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM
That is where I got some info lol! I didnt realize it before but yes in my feet.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Look up vasospasms on kellymom.com. Should be some helpful information there. Do you have Reynauds symptoms in your hands and feet as well?
TLIF1281
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:14 PM
K. Thanx. I dont have many that I can use for the 2 shirts , tanks I mean, I do plan to get a couple nursing tanks at walmart. I will beable to sleep in those vs the tanks I have now. Looks like I have the perfect excuse to go shopping lol! Like I need one lol! Im gonna try the evening primrose n vit b6 to.

Quoting K8wizzo: I wore a nursing tank under a long sleeve shirt... tank flap down, shirt up, baby on, so I had no exposed skin. Staying warm and taking a multivitamin helps considerably. Nifedipine has some extremely annoying side effects. When I had to take it during preterm labor for 2 months I was fantasizibg about the day I could stop. :-/ Try to deal with your raynauds in every other possible way before resorting to meds.

Seniahmom
by Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Nursing tanks help a bunch. And keep the tank tucked in. That helps you stay warm too.

I wore button down pj tops at home & only unbuttoned one or two, leaving the top one buttoned, popped open the nursing tank and nursed thru the opening. I would also wear a robe or a warm blanket around us.

When out and about I'd nurse wearing baby using the 2 shirt method. The warmth from baby & wrap helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN