• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone know...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:50 AM
  • 5 Replies
If you can put milk and sugar in the mothers milk tea? And if it is really safe to take fenugreek I bought it then returned it because it says dont take if pregant or bf.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Yes, you can put whatever you want in the tea.
EVERYTHING says that, even prenatal vitamins! 😩 Fenugreek is fine unless you're pregnant or diabetic.
choliedog918
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Okay thank you! Ill have to go invest in it only because ever since I went to work my milk has decreased a lot!
MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 6:44 AM

I have used Fenugreek for years and the only side effects have been the maple syrup sweat (yes, it's true, your sweat will smell like maple syrup!) and the milk becomes very sweet.

Pregnant women should not take it because it may trigger contractions and diabetics cannot use it, I'm not a doctor, but the maple syrup sweat and sweet smell and taste of the milk makes me think it has to do with the production of insulin...

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Normal pump output is .5-2 ounces per session from both breasts combined. Baby only needs 1-1.25 ounces per hour of separation, fed in 2-3 ounce portions every 2-3 hours. If baby is going through at least six diapers in twenty four hours, with poopy and extra wet counting as two, all is well.
MommyO2-6631
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
The important thing when working is to only offer 1-1.25 Ounces per hour separation. That way most of the baby's intake is at the breast instead of from a bottle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)