Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinion on donating

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have no issues donating and have donated around 600ozs in the past year alone. I have currently just over 150ozs in my freezer from sept to now and I'm torn what to do with it. I want to donate some and keep some just in case but my husband says get rid of it all. Anthony is 13 months and refuses bottles (has since he was 9 months) and shows zero interest in cups of any kind unless you hold it for him and tip it back. DH says just donate it all and be done with it. I haven't pumped in a week (haven't needed to at work) but I'm sure if I needed to pump enough for a feeding I could. I'm torn on what to do. Would you keep it all, donate it all, keep some and donate the rest or make stuff out of it??
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelchewning
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I assume he still nurses though, right?

shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Oh yeah, he's back to newborn nursing it seems. He's always made up for not taking bm while I'm at work every evening and at night. It became more than a want to get used to nursing in a wrap/sling since I also have a 5 year old DS1 and a 3 year old DD.

Quoting angelchewning:

MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I would donate it all since your baby doesn't like bottles and you are still producing enough... a baby in need will certainly appreciate it!!

angelchewning
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Then Yea Id donate it. seems like you dont really need it since he wont take a bottle anyway. Better to give it to a baby in need than let it go bad. you can always make more anyway! I like donating, it might be saving lives.

Quoting shortyali: Oh yeah, he's back to newborn nursing it seems. He's always made up for not taking bm while I'm at work every evening and at night. It became more than a want to get used to nursing in a wrap/sling since I also have a 5 year old DS1 and a 3 year old DD.

Quoting angelchewning:

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I agree. If you have no use for it, donate to someone who needs it.
Mom24munchkins
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I would donate it. And your awesome!
hnischke
by Heather on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I would donate all of it. I just donated almost all of my stash this last time around. I donated 150oz and kept about 35oz for me. I've probably saved another 50oz this month. I've been donating to the same woman. She had to stop nursing because of thyroid cancer. She's in the middle of treatments.
shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Thank you!! This time around I've been really lucky with pumping. With my DD I had to eat oatmeal like it was my job, drink mothers milk tea like it was my favorite drink ever and pump 5-6 times a day to have the 8ozs needed for work (8 hour days). This time I have only had to pump 3 times a day with no help to get the 9ozs I needed in the beginning and was able to freeze 6ozs a day (9 hour days). Then I dropped to part time and only pumped 1 time a day to get the 4ozs I needed and froze 3ozs (6 hour days). Then DS2 decided bottles were the devils work so each day I pumped just to relieve comfort and still froze 3-6ozs a day. I look at donating like paying it forward. I would hope someday if I or my family ever needed anything that someone would help us.

Quoting Mom24munchkins: I would donate it. And your awesome!
shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I think I'm going to. I may keep a bag or 2 just in case for now but the rest I think I'm going to post.

Quoting aehanrahan: I agree. If you have no use for it, donate to someone who needs it.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I would donate it all. Cruz weaned himself from pumped milk at 9 months as well. He is (almost) 2.5 and will still not take pumped milk in his cup, it's all about tap for him lol. I pump once a day to keep my response up and I donate all but keep 12 oz in the freezer for my 3 month old for emergencies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)