Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank You! Note to a few members here....

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM
  • 9 Replies

Back in May I posted my history/story and received some fabulous advice.

gdiamante urged me to find an IBCLC, which I did, and it turns out K8wizzo was spot on with the IGT. gdiamante also helped me find Domperidone. Unfortunately I can't afford it with information I'll share shortly. 

tabi_cat1023 introduced me to Goat's Rue, which helped me quite a bit.

GoodyBrook first brought my attention to Human Milk for Human Babies and Eats on Feets. Thanks to her my now 3.5wk old daughter has been donated:

4.5oz of colostrum which is the first thing she got. She's also gotten approximately 1,473 oz donated. We have three long term donors, one of which is able to provide us 300oz per week.

We have another 410oz coming our way within the next week as well. Within the next month or so I'll be purchasing a deep freezer to store our milk (we do have extra but keep getting more to help ensure we get to one year!). 

Because the Goat's Rue is running me $40 as are the replacement milk bags, I've decided it would be best on my pocketbook to cease the Dom.

Rhiannon does have a lip and tongue tie making using an SNS difficult but we are trying. Her ties will be corrected on February 3 if all goes according to plan. I pump regularly and do allow her to nurse for confort and what very little she may be able to pull out of me.

We are both thankful for all of your help and for guiding us to where we needed to be. We're so glad to not need to touch formula!

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:17 AM
That is awesome, I love this group, some really great ladies in here!

Congrats on your new baby and your success! I hope all goes well with the revisions!

P.S. I love your DD's name!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugarcrisp
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: That is awesome, I love this group, some really great ladies in here! I've learned quite a bit, and some of the things I've learned are priceless. Getting with an IBCLC and learning about IGT helped me learn what went wrong with my son and accept it completely. I no longer beat myself up over it. Not even a tiny bit. And if it weren't for these ladies, my daughter would be on formula. I have it on hand and have had it since before I had my daughter, but the lid hasn't been popped. :)

Congrats on your new baby and your success! Thank you :) I hope all goes well with the revisions! Me too! I'm so nervous. We are getting lazer revisions rather than cutting, so we have that going for us!

P.S. I love your DD's name! Aw thanks! :)

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Both of my boys had laser revisions on their lip ties. It is a very quick process, although there will undoubtedly be screams and tears, but just for a minute or 2, and they will be well worth it!

Also, I donate to a mama with IGT and I know it's rough, I commend you for all you go through to give your DD the best!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: That is awesome, I love this group, some really great ladies in here! I've learned quite a bit, and some of the things I've learned are priceless. Getting with an IBCLC and learning about IGT helped me learn what went wrong with my son and accept it completely. I no longer beat myself up over it. Not even a tiny bit. And if it weren't for these ladies, my daughter would be on formula. I have it on hand and have had it since before I had my daughter, but the lid hasn't been popped. :)

Congrats on your new baby and your success! Thank you :) I hope all goes well with the revisions! Me too! I'm so nervous. We are getting lazer revisions rather than cutting, so we have that going for us!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Yay! Congrats on no formula! My dd's name is Rhiannon too. She's 2.5 years old. She is my third bf baby and I have even learned a ton of stuff from the ladies in here that I wish I knew when my first was little.
justone_jen
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey, glad you got everything worked out. :)

sugarcrisp
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: Both of my boys had laser revisions on their lip ties. It is a very quick process, although there will undoubtedly be screams and tears, but just for a minute or 2, and they will be well worth it! That's what I'm expecting. I don't want it done but I know it's what's best.

Also, I donate to a mama with IGT and I know it's rough, I commend you for all you go through to give your DD the best! Thank you. And thank you for donating. Women like you help mothers like myself more than you can imagine. I don't think I could ever express my gratitude to my donors completely (especially my long term donors).

Quoting sugarcrisp:

sugarcrisp
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Bump

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Thats awesome mama! One step at a time :)
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Glad things are going well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)