Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any recommendations?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:13 PM
  • 23 Replies
On three things...

Birth control while breastfeeding-
Nasal decongestion for my 4week old-
Gas drops-
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:26 PM
Anything estrogen free is fine.

Breast milk

Never used gas drops.
shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Same

Quoting jjchick75: Anything estrogen free is fine.

Breast milk

Never used gas drops.
newmelly2009
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Thanks....um do you squirt the breastmilk in her nose? Lol I have a plunger too but it's too deep in there :( she sounds like a baby pig right now 

Breast milk

Never used gas drops.

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Hand express and use a dropper lol. Use it like you do saline. Hope she feels better soon!

Quoting newmelly2009:

Thanks....um do you squirt the breastmilk in her nose? Lol I have a plunger too but it's too deep in there :( she sounds like a baby pig right now 

Breast milk

Never used gas drops.

angelchewning
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM

aww poor lil lady! lol express some milk onto a clean dish. suck it up with a clean dropper and put 2-4 drops in each nostril. also a real steamy bathroom before the application of the breast milk might help too.after that i use the plunger just once or twice in each nostril and i get some real nasty goop out easily!

Quoting newmelly2009:

Breast milk

Never used gas drops.

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM
The breastmilk up the nose, I used to express a tiny puddle in my hand and drip.it in their nose off my fingertips. How old is the baby? gas can be normal and excessive gas is often caused by moms oversupply.
newmelly2009
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Lol ok I will have try this ;)

Quoting angelchewning:

aww poor lil lady! lol express some milk onto a clean dish. suck it up with a clean dropper and put 2-4 drops in each nostril. also a real steamy bathroom before the application of the breast milk might help too.after that i use the plunger just once or twice in each nostril and i get some real nasty goop out easily!

Quoting newmelly2009:

Breast milk

Never used gas drops.

Momma2013
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Condoms, breastmilk and avoid. I don't see the point in gas drops, I never gave ds any kind of drugs. I took tylenol a few times because of my 3rd degree tears, but that's it. Just work the legs and give belly massages. check out YouTube. 

newmelly2009
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:54 PM

She's 4 weeks, I think it is, my left breast is definitely oal..and she has no problem sucking it up, it's her stomach that can't keep up, spit up and gas :(

Quoting mostlymaydays: The breastmilk up the nose, I used to express a tiny puddle in my hand and drip.it in their nose off my fingertips. How old is the baby? gas can be normal and excessive gas is often caused by moms oversupply.

Cassie2115
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM
For the gas drops my pedi recommended little tummies gas drops since she gets some formula and some breast milk. It doesn't get rid of the gas but it does help immensely.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)