Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any other mom experience

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

a noticeable supply increase when you are menstruating? I got my first period last month at 7 months pp and my supply was awesomely larger than usual. Right now I am on my period for the second time and i have a good supply again. Nothing in my eating habbits has changed and I am drinking the same amount of water. I have not picked up any new activities either so I know its not something i ate or did. Today I pumped two 5oz bottles at work in one session!!! I have only done that onc before but it was because i missed a nursing. that was maybe 2 hours ago and now again i am feeling full and have itchy boobs. I feel itch sometimes when i'm about to become engorged. 

I swear the only good thing that came from me menstruating again is this supply increase. I am super happy because that means I can save it up

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Interesting, many people experience the opposite effect.
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't recallanyone ever reporting that before! But good for you!

hnischke
by Heather on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:52 PM
I wish! I have the opposite problem for a few days before and into my period.
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:56 PM

WOW!  You are fortunate!!!  Mine has a MAJOR drop when my period starts.

sweetieiv
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM
A few days before my period I was the same no change at all. I wonder if maybe in a few months It will stop increasing when that time of the months comes but i sure hope it doesn't.

Quoting hnischke: I wish! I have the opposite problem for a few days before and into my period.
ceckyl
by Kyla on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM
The thing I notice is that right before my period starts, I have a supply decrease and do nurses so much I think that when my supply bounces back I actually have a day of fullness because of the extra demand he put in.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM
No, but my boobs fill up like there's no tomorrow when I'm stressed out or nervous...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:36 AM
Hmm when I'm stressed I can not pump anything but maybe 1 oz.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: No, but my boobs fill up like there's no tomorrow when I'm stressed out or nervous...
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Yep, I'm weird, stress is supposed to decrease supply, not for me though

Quoting sweetieiv: Hmm when I'm stressed I can not pump anything but maybe 1 oz.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy: No, but my boobs fill up like there's no tomorrow when I'm stressed out or nervous...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)