Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often at 8 months?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

How often should an 8 month old be nursing? My DD is nursing every 3 hours still...I don't mind it but its very hard to get anything done because I can't be away for more than 3 hours at a time. She refuses a bottle or sippy so I'm just wondering if this is even normal at her age

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Totally normal. At 8 months breastmilk is still their main (sometimes only) source of nutrition. At 12 months you can start leaving solids and water while you are out :)

bubble_guts
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Thanks for asking this question. My little guy will be 8 months on the 18th, and I've been wondering the same thing.
Sometimes he goes for long stretches (only during naps) but other than that, he's nursing every 2-3hrs. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:22 PM
That's normal. Mine would wait for me to return and dh would offer him some banana and water if he was really hungry. Most of the time it was out of sight, out of mind, though.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Totally normal! My kids still nursed about every 2 hours.
destiny3513
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:37 PM

At ten months my son nurses every two hours. That I includes nursing to sleep, which is usually a snack.

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM

As often as they want. That's a forever answer! She's normal and it's fine. 

SadiasMomma
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Mine too! Great birthday!

Quoting bubble_guts: Thanks for asking this question. My little guy will be 8 months on the 18th, and I've been wondering the same thing.

Sometimes he goes for long stretches (only during naps) but other than that, he's nursing every 2-3hrs. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniprice
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:28 PM
My son is 8 1/2 months and nurses every 1 1/2-2 hours during the day. At night he nurses every 2 1/2 hours. What I wouldn't give for 3 straight hours of sleep!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Kyla on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM
At 8 mos my baby was still ebf and nursing like every hour. Even at a year it's rare for him to go 3 hrs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)