Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friction Blister

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
I think I have a friction blister on my left nipple and it is so painful. Anyone know how to treat it?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Breastmilk on it. Are you sure it's friction and not a milk blister? Look up "nipple bleb" on kellymom.com.

nicolett80
by Nicole on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Yes, I Googled it and Im pretty sure it's a friction blister because it's red and does not get bigger when I squeeze.

Quoting gdiamante:

Breastmilk on it. Are you sure it's friction and not a milk blister? Look up "nipple bleb" on kellymom.com.

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Just watch it. I thought I had a "friction blister" for the past two months -- it was red & never increased in size either. It actually started as looking like a blood blister. Last week, dd broke the skin & it was a milk blister with solidified milk built up.

You can do salt water soaks & lanolin. Make sure your baby has the best possible latch. Try different positions while nursing.

Quoting nicolett80: Yes, I Googled it and Im pretty sure it's a friction blister because it's red and does not get bigger when I squeeze.

Quoting gdiamante:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM

OK. Breastmilk helps it to heal. You'll need to figure out the cause. Might bebaby's latch, or might be a piece of clothing.

nicolett80
by Nicole on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:31 AM
OK, good to know. I've been using Lanolin before and after every feeding but will try salt water soaks, as well. We were having some latch problems but I do feel like its gotten better. I'm sure that's what caused it in the first place.

Quoting lillybug222: Just watch it. I thought I had a "friction blister" for the past two months -- it was red & never increased in size either. It actually started as looking like a blood blister. Last week, dd broke the skin & it was a milk blister with solidified milk built up.

You can do salt water soaks & lanolin. Make sure your baby has the best possible latch. Try different positions while nursing.

Quoting nicolett80: Yes, I Googled it and Im pretty sure it's a friction blister because it's red and does not get bigger when I squeeze.

Quoting gdiamante:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)