Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I was wondering if there was any weight loss products that are safe to take while breastfeeding. My son is barely nursing these days and I am just not losing this weight on my own. I never have any energy! Coffee doesn't really work because I usually end up with too much caffeine in my system and it just makes me feel worse. I am always tired.

If there are no weight loss products that are safe, can anyone recommend something to help boost my energy?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Replies (21-28):
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 11:42 AM

How did you like it? Was it worth the money?

Quoting bjnjmama: I joined weight watchers online I lost 45 pounds in about 5 months I've kept it off for 6 months...its easy to do I'm not a diet person and the best part is when ur nursing u get extra points!

CafeMom Tickers

steffiecox
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM
cutting back on coffee could help you lose weight too.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

I rarely drink soda but I probably could drink more water. Right now I drink about 32 ounces a day. Plus about five cups of coffee a day.

Quoting steffiecox: I completely cut out soda abd drank more water. I lost 40 pounds.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 11, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Tiredness is listed as a side effect of Depo-Provera. Any link to your tiredness and the start of the Depo? If so, then skip the next shot and choose another birth control, see if there's a difference.

Might not hurt to get a blood panel done, too. I was having extreme fatigue last summer and turned out my glucose was a bit high. I get a recheck later this month but in the meantime I started walking pretty much daily and dropped about 18 pounds since the end of July.

bjnjmama
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Yeah I definitely think it was worth it...online is cheaper then meetings its only $54 for 3 months. It helps you to change your eating habits and I think that's why it works.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

How did you like it? Was it worth the money?

Quoting bjnjmama: I joined weight watchers online I lost 45 pounds in about 5 months I've kept it off for 6 months...its easy to do I'm not a diet person and the best part is when ur nursing u get extra points!

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM
oh dear, if you're on depo, there's your problem. i gained thirty pounds on depo within a year and couldn't lose it no matter how little or healthy i ate. I started losing it as soon as i came off of it and then i got pregnant with Aiden. I would try a different birth control. More women than not report gaining weight (more than the warned 5-10 pounds) and being unable to lose it while on the shot.
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:07 PM

This.  

I hated Depo.  I always wanted to sleep or eat.  I *could* take weight off, but it was miserable.  I went off the Depo and everything was much, much better.  Lost weight and gained energy. 

Quoting MommyO2-6631: oh dear, if you're on depo, there's your problem. i gained thirty pounds on depo within a year and couldn't lose it no matter how little or healthy i ate. I started losing it as soon as i came off of it and then i got pregnant with Aiden. I would try a different birth control. More women than not report gaining weight (more than the warned 5-10 pounds) and being unable to lose it while on the shot.

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:17 PM
It'll be near impossible for you to lose weight if you are on the deposit. It made me so tired and grumpy.
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I have lost weight since being on it. About 10 pounds since I started on it. It's just not coming off as fast as I would like. While the weather is warm, I'm going to start back my walks.

Quoting MommyO2-6631: oh dear, if you're on depo, there's your problem. i gained thirty pounds on depo within a year and couldn't lose it no matter how little or healthy i ate. I started losing it as soon as i came off of it and then i got pregnant with Aiden. I would try a different birth control. More women than not report gaining weight (more than the warned 5-10 pounds) and being unable to lose it while on the shot.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)