Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Itworks?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

From what I read it's a detox type thing so it wouldn't be ok while nursing right? I had a rep say it was but I'm wondering. Also wondering if it's even worth the money. Lol

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Detoxes are off limits while nursing. And anything like that IS a scam. Save your money. There are ZERO shortcuts in losing weight. The most effective method is the one that's not only completely free... it will cut your grocery bill AND increase your fitness level.

You guessed it: Eat right and exercise. That's it.

Caveat here: Hormonal birth control will make weight loss difficult to impossible. Some folks have glandular problems that also cause them to hold on to weight. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM

That's what I figured. Their sales reps are very convincing lol. 

Quoting gdiamante:

Detoxes are off limits while nursing. And anything like that IS a scam. Save your money. There are ZERO shortcuts in losing weight. The most effective method is the one that's not only completely free... it will cut your grocery bill AND increase your fitness level.

You guessed it: Eat right and exercise. That's it.

Caveat here: Hormonal birth control will make weight loss difficult to impossible. Some folks have glandular problems that also cause them to hold on to weight. 

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Itworks wraps aren't safe while breastfeeding, which is even stated in their faqs.
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I'm a distributor.  It is NOT safe while nursing.  Some of their supplements are, but not the wraps.

It's not a scam, but it's also not a long term weight loss thing either (another thing that is stated in our faqs). 

mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Wow this is total opposite from what two distributors told me earlier. They said it was safe but don't get the cream on the baby and the toxins won't get into your breastmilk and that it was long term. Once inches lost they're off. I thought it sounded odd....

Quoting JadeTigr7:

I'm a distributor.  It is NOT safe while nursing.  Some of their supplements are, but not the wraps.

It's not a scam, but it's also not a long term weight loss thing either (another thing that is stated in our faqs). 

JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
We are not allowed to even mention the word toxins.

No, it's not safe and unless you change your eating and exercise habits the loss is not permanent.

It's a place to start in a world run by instant satisfaction. It's instant results to help boost your want to be healthy and exercise, but if you continue to eat crap and drink soda, you're just going to get the weight back.

Quoting mamabens:

Wow this is total opposite from what two distributors told me earlier. They said it was safe but don't get the cream on the baby and the toxins won't get into your breastmilk and that it was long term. Once inches lost they're off. I thought it sounded odd....

Quoting JadeTigr7:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)