Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

nursing to much?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:14 AM
  • 14 Replies
Dd is just about a month old. At night right before bed. She likes to nurse to sleep. But lately she has been nursing so much that she spits up. And it take hrs and hrs to get het to sleep. I nurse her until she falls asleep... I nurse her reclined just incase of overactive letdown. But she still spits up.... and makes funny gurgling noises while laying there wide awake. (Before she screams and routes that's she hungry... just mins before she fell asleep at the breast and u put her in her the side cared crib..) I don't know what to do. Because if I am not nursing her. Even if I am cuddling her she is crying.... she doesn't take a shoother either....
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scraphappy12
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Is it reflux?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregnantmama105
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:17 AM
No clue. She wasn't diagnosied with it...

Quoting scraphappy12: Is it reflux?
swedemomma
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:29 AM
My baby has reflux and spits a lot. My oldest did too. Doctors and lactation nurses have told me as long as baby is not crying in pain from spitting up and growing then not to worry. If you think your baby is upset from spitting up, I would ask doctor about it.

It's very normal for babies to cluster feed especially before bed. You can't over fed a nursing baby.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:38 AM

You're seeing the requisite number oif dipes, right? Usually this is just a laundry problem. No such thing as nursing too much.

pregnantmama105
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM
The fact she sounds like she is asperating on it worries me.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:20 AM
Are you burping her before laying her down after she falls asleep at the breast?
Analugojana
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:25 AM
What do you mean? What does it sound like? If she's not screaming in pain then it's likely just spit up, which, annoying as it is, it's very normal. Burp her more often and let her nurse as much as she wants. It's growth spurt time and they also suck for comfort A LOT. It's awesome for your future supply.

Quoting pregnantmama105: The fact she sounds like she is asperating on it worries me.
pregnantmama105
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:19 AM
I burp her after.it sounds like gurgling and gaging
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Does she have a cold??  She could be congested with drainiage in her throat - choking and gagging on that when the breastmilk loosens it?

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM
My son sounded this way at about this time. A few times he projectice vomitted accross the bed. A few times he gagged on spit up in his sleep. Of course our doctors first suggestion was "have you tried putting rice in his formula". But it stopped very soon. It only lasted about a month or so. I kept him close by when he slept so I could hear him or feel him if he spit up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN