Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Still asking?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM
  • 8 Replies

DD has been weaned for about 2 months now, we did it slowly and because I was pregnant she had slowed way down anyway and it was pretty easy. Yet every now and then she still asks for it. My response is always sorry but "night night" is all gone. This morning she was begging for it saying please please but I am all dried up, making colustrum and the pain is insane. She finally gave up and went back to sleep. About how long until they stop asking all together?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:54 AM

It may be a long while. In fact, she'll probably start asking again when the baby arrives.

Chaos1229
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM

She might stop but i wouldnt doubt she starts asking again when the baby is born and she see's him/her nursing.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Varies but I have found that they are more likely to ask as milk/colostrum comes in, they can smell it.  PLUS if they dont wean themselves its parent guided it seems to happen more. HUGS

Careeka22
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Thanks everyone, I am expecting her to ask when the baby is here for sure. I never thought about her being able to smell it that is a great point! As much as I didn't want her to wean I just had to, my aversions were like nails on a chalkboard. I guess we will see how she does in the months ahead!

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I don't know if you are interested, but it might be worth trying again and telling her if it hurts mommy, she can only nurse for one minute or even that she will have to stop.

My nursing aversions came and went throughout the pregnancy.

Careeka22
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, I have thought about it but was worried being all dried up if it would be worth it right now. I wanted to keep trying but it seemed every week got worse, I am 13 weeks now and luckily she hasn't asked to often so it makes it a bit easier to tell her that it is gone.

Quoting micheledo:

I don't know if you are interested, but it might be worth trying again and telling her if it hurts mommy, she can only nurse for one minute or even that she will have to stop.

My nursing aversions came and went throughout the pregnancy.

comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I had some intense aversions with my almost 2.5 yr old
He nursed normally until about 20 weeks, then almost stopped completely

It HURT like hell for him to nurse, I used distraction and limited his time

As I got closer to my edd, he increased his nursing, it didn't hurt near as bad

Now that baby is here, he wants it all the time
I try to distract while baby is nursing, but I let him otherwise, especially for nap and bedtime

He has started wanting to during the night, but I am adamant that he not resume night nursing....it's bad enough waking up for a newborn, lol

I don't have the aversion as much, and I noticed nursing my newborn didn't hurt AT ALL(usually the first few weeks, my nipples hurt so bad at the initial latch) I think it's because I'm nursing my older child
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:47 PM
My dd was like that, too. I weaned her at 28/29 months when I was 2.5 months pregnant as I had dried up and her nursing was painful. She just stopped asking last month and I'm 7 months pregnant now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)