Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Donations

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have a decent amount of breastmilk saved in my freezer, a couple hundred ounces at least. Some of it dates back to September and will be expiring in 2 months. I would like to donate it before it goes bad. I add to my freezer stash weekly and would like to donate it monthly as it gets closer to its end date. However, I do not have a facebook page and I know most of the donation groups are on there. Can somebody point me to a non facebook donation webpage, please?

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Google sharemilk.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I donated back in nov. almost 600 ounces! I dont have Facebook either but I contacted "eats on feets" through an email. I gave them all my info, name email, location, how much I had to donate, plus added that I didn't smoke, drink or take any meds. They posted it for me with all my info and I got an email saying they has my info and it had been posted. I had replies with a day. They came by email. You could also send an email to "human milk for human babies" good luck hope this helps. Also I kept the name and num of the one that I donated to so I can continue to donated to her.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Also you can store milk in a deep freezer for up to a year before it expires. I put mine in my grandmothers freezer.
ajnreidsmama
by Jess on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:41 AM

thank you!

Quoting aehanrahan: Google sharemilk.

ajnreidsmama
by Jess on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:41 AM

This is wonderful, thank you! I just emailed Eats on Feets.

Quoting jaxons_mama: I donated back in nov. almost 600 ounces! I dont have Facebook either but I contacted "eats on feets" through an email. I gave them all my info, name email, location, how much I had to donate, plus added that I didn't smoke, drink or take any meds. They posted it for me with all my info and I got an email saying they has my info and it had been posted. I had replies with a day. They came by email. You could also send an email to "human milk for human babies" good luck hope this helps. Also I kept the name and num of the one that I donated to so I can continue to donated to her.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Where do you live momma?

jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Great! Glad I could help.

Quoting ajnreidsmama:

This is wonderful, thank you! I just emailed Eats on Feets.

Quoting jaxons_mama: I donated back in nov. almost 600 ounces! I dont have Facebook either but I contacted "eats on feets" through an email. I gave them all my info, name email, location, how much I had to donate, plus added that I didn't smoke, drink or take any meds. They posted it for me with all my info and I got an email saying they has my info and it had been posted. I had replies with a day. They came by email. You could also send an email to "human milk for human babies" good luck hope this helps. Also I kept the name and num of the one that I donated to so I can continue to donated to her.

ajnreidsmama
by Jess on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Long Island NY

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Where do you live momma?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)