Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Ebf & weight loss advice please

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 18 Replies
Okay so I'm ebf'ing my 13 week old daughter &I want to lose about 20 lbs without messing up my supply. This would be my first actual diet & my first ebf'ing child. I'm a sahm just in case that info its needed & I also have other children ages 3 & 1.5, I really want to get back in shape & lose these extra pounds... Any advice would help ! Also thank you in advance (:
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WallysMommy
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Bump
WallysMommy
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Bump
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
9 months on, 9 months off. Eat whole foods as often as possible. No white foods like breads, pastas and rice. Whole grain is the best. Eat a minimum of 1800 calories per day (1300 for you and 500 to make milk). Keep up your fluids, mostly water. Exercise lightly and if you feel like your milk supply is being affected; slow down, eat more calories and drink more water.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Good, healthy whole foods and plenty of water. Concentrate on vegetables, protein sources and some nuts and fruit, less on breads and other starches. Eat several small meals, have water and a snack every time you sit down to nurse. Get out and walk with your tribe! Remember, nine months to put it on so nine months to get it off.
WallysMommy
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Thanks ladies I just have such a hard time losing weight because I've always been fit but never did anything to get that way, as I've gotten older & after 3 kids its really caught up to me & it sucks :(
asaffell
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I'm getting success with working out at home, tracking my food, and eating 1800 calories a day. LOTS of water. Let me know if you need any help or support!

Merrick17
by Corrine on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Shoot, I gained nearly 50 with my first and she's almost 14 weeks. Lost 30 by November and haven't budged since. I am back to work full time, and I have such a hard time keeping up with pumping all day and nursing all night that I don't know how I'm going to lose the last 20 lbs.

Diet and exercise are key, I just don't even have 30 mins to myself yet lol. Good luck. No real advice except that nursing takes precedence over weightloss. I try to keep junk and easy foods at a minimum and pack a Turkey sandwich for lunch everyday and have oatmeal for breakfast, and tons of water, which I hate. I pee more now than I did pregnant, at least it feels that way.

Good luck mama! Give yourself a break though, that's a load of kids to take care of, it may just come off through your normal activity eventually. Spring/summer will definitely make it easier I think. I love bein outside.
YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I do Trim Healthy Mama - a diet specifically with mamas, nursing ones included, in mind. Anyone can do it since it is a very healthy diet but the two women who wrote the book have 14 kids between the two of them, both breastfeeders. So, healthy diet, great for supply. And as a mother who has had little to no success on every other diet tried, I can tell you this works!

For exercise I do T-tap. I love it because it is 15 minutes a day, no equipment required. I have four kids ages 5 to 7 months, 15 minutes is the perfect amount of time for me!
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Don't make it a "diet."  Change the way you eat as a lifestyle change.  

Drink plenty of water.  Truly monitor what you are putting into your mouth.  What does a typical day look like for you when it comes to eating?  

angelchewning
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

you may also find that BF helps the weight fall off a little faster since this is your only EBF child. Good luck to you!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN