Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't know weaning could be this hard...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM
  • 19 Replies
On me. I'm literally crying as I type. I'm weaning my son because I have to take meds. I use lemon juice on my nipples and he hates it. He doesn't want to como near my breast anymore. He is rejecting me. I'm offering more choices of liquids but he doesn't want anything. What have I done? I feel awful. He just cries. He woke up 3 times so far tonight. All he smells is the lemon and he wont go near my breast at all. I don't know if this is bad or not. I'm so stressed out.
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjascreenname
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:34 AM
I don't understand why you're putting lemon juice on there. Have you checked lactmed to see if you can take those medicines while nursing?
betsy9023
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:46 AM
It was recommended to me by family. Thats what my grandmother did. she breastfed all her kids.

Quoting Ninjascreenname: I don't understand why you're putting lemon juice on there. Have you checked lactmed to see if you can take those medicines while nursing?
Ninjascreenname
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:49 AM
:/ How old is your baby

Quoting betsy9023: It was recommended to me by family. Thats what my grandmother did. she breastfed all her kids.

Quoting Ninjascreenname: I don't understand why you're putting lemon juice on there. Have you checked lactmed to see if you can take those medicines while nursing?
Analugojana
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:14 AM

What meds are you taking? The vast majority are safe for breastfeeding. Let's see and I'm almost positive you don't need to do that. 

justone_jen
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:24 AM
How old? What meds? I wouldn't try weaning cold turkey, regardless. I suppose the lemon suggestion is better than the hot sauce suggestion I've seen.
Ninjascreenname
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Seriously? Someone would seriously hurt their baby like that

Quoting justone_jen: How old? What meds? I wouldn't try weaning cold turkey, regardless. I suppose the lemon suggestion is better than the hot sauce suggestion I've seen.
justone_jen
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Yeah, people are stupid. :(

Quoting Ninjascreenname: Seriously? Someone would seriously hurt their baby like that

Quoting justone_jen: How old? What meds? I wouldn't try weaning cold turkey, regardless. I suppose the lemon suggestion is better than the hot sauce suggestion I've seen.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 15, 2014 at 6:55 AM
What meds? In all the time I've been on her I think I've only seen two meds incompatible with breastfeeding and Dr Hale recommended a safe substitute for one. If you're determined to wean and you're doing it cold turkey with the baby, you should be pumping in place of nursing and weaning down from the pump or you're going to be left with painful engorgement, blocked ducts and mastitis.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:03 AM
By the way, how old is this baby?
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:06 AM
You shouldn't wean cold turkey. What med is it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)