Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding Nutrition Week-Day 1: Water

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 62 Replies

Today's Challenge is drink your water.

Dehydration can happen so easily especially for those of us who are breastfeeding our little ones. Making sure to drink enough each day is important. Set a goal for this week on how much water you will drink each day and stick with it.

What is your goal? What ideas do you have to reach your goal?

If you already drink a lot of water, what tips do you have for those who do not? How do you make sure you are getting enough?

One member who signs up for our Breastfeeding Nutrition Week Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!
Join us for Breastfeeding Nutrition Week Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card!!

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I need to drink more, but other then coffee, water is all that I drink.

I keep a water bottle full in the house, and actually every child has his/her own water bottle.  It keeps us all hydrated!  I also have a brita filter (or pur - can never remember which) that holds a gallon of water sitting on the counter.  That keep water accessible to the kids.  That's a must for all of us in the summer!

Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I've heard divide your weight in pounds in half and drink that many ounces. I haven't figured out a way to determine how much I'm drinking on a daily basis that I can live with. I do bring a water bottle with me when I leave the house and keep one nearby at night.

poeticsong725
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM

My goal is to drink more in general. Since I'm EBF, I need more fluids, and I don't generally intake them like I should.

I usually take 100% fruit juice and mix it half-n-half with bottled water. Not only do I get more water in my diet that way, but my bottles of juice last twice as long!

jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:42 AM
I drink a lot of water each day. That's all I drink! I make sure to have a cup of water sitting beside me while I nurse/ rock my baby to sleep and while she naps. I probably drink about 80oz a day
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:43 AM

My daily goal is 60 oz of water..I drink about 20 oz of milk and 20-40oz of ovaltine too daily.  The water usually has crystal light in it.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Ways to drink more...keep the bottle handy and make the water tasty.  I have to have something in my water to drink it.  I used to love plain water but NOt anymore.  Mio, crystal light, even some fruit

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM
I always make sure that if I feel a little thirsty that I drink a whole glass instead of a few sips. It makes a big difference through out the day!
tuckermum
by Crysta on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:03 PM
I have my days I don't drink enough but the only ways I will if ny water bottle is around. I wont drink any if I'm using a cup. I'm awful lol. I try to drink about 60 oz I think I drink about 45 oz on an average day.
celestegood
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I do drink at least eight cups a day. My goal is twice that much though. So I do my best cost days I do drink enough.
mamalusbear
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:13 PM

I can easily drink 10-15 glasses of water a day.  Besides tea and coffee water is all that I drink.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)