Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding Nutrition Week-Day 2: Vegetables

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM
  • 57 Replies

Today's challenge is eat your veggies. 

If your mom was like my mom, she told you to eat your veggies because they're good for you. Now they're even more important as they provide you with lots of great nutrients that are essential for maintaining yourself while breastfeeding. 

Some good ones include spinach, Swiss chard, broccoli, carrots, and celery.

What are your favorite vegetables? What are your favorite ways to eat them? Share your favorite recipes for veggies. 

One member who signs up for our Breastfeeding Nutrition Week Challenge and replies to our daily challenge posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!
Join us for Breastfeeding Nutrition Week Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card!!  
If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here:
Breastfeeding Nutrition Week-Day 1: Water 

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicolett80
by Nicole on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:44 AM
My favorite vegetable is spinach and i like to eat it raw in salads.
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:46 AM
We love veggies at our house. My current favorite thing to make is parsnip fries with parsley. Yummy.
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:00 AM

I love spinach and kale in things!  So much, that my husband is no longer that fond of spinach.  :D

I like broccoli and carrots.  And cauliflower - especially roasted!

angelchewning
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:06 AM

i love brussel sprouts!

I halve them. Then In a separate bowl I combine 2tbsp butter, dash of salt and pepper, fresh ground garlic, and 2dash of Worcestershire sauce and mix well. then rub the butter mixture all over the halved sprouts and bake in the oven til the edges are just golden. SOOO YUMMY!

Lynette
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:18 AM
In the winter I love cabbage, roasted in the oven with oil and salt. I love green beans year round, fresh cooked in a iron skillet with EVO, garlic, and onions. Fresh spinach with oil and vinegar dressing, & fresh spinach in green smoothies. And I adore kale chips (homemade and store bought).
Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM

We've eaten far too few veggies in the past except for starches. We are making a goal of having 2 veggies with our biggest meal, with one of those sides being green on most days. It is our starting point. My favorite are the easiest to prepare: precut, prewashed. Open the bag, munch.

Brieshon
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Broccoli (roasted with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper... Maybe some parmesan), spinach, carrots, and asparagus!
Cassie2115
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM
I love my carrots and yellow squash. Carrots I eat raw. Yellow squash I love roasted on the grill with a little olive oil. I've made it a point to add more veggies to our meals. I keep a lot of frozen veggies in the house that I can heat up with a meal or throw in a hotdish.
nalban35
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:54 AM
We love veggies! I'm more of a raw veggie fan but I'll eat cooked. My faves are brussel sprouts, steamed. And kale- chips, soup, with spaghetti squash!!
md517
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:55 AM
I enjoy spinach, broccoli, asparagus and green beans the most.
I think the only veggie I'm not fond of is cauliflower.
I have fresh spinach salads, spinach instead of lettuce in my sandwiches and steam veggies or grilled asparagus with Parmesan cheese for dinner.
Another favorite is stuffed bell peppers with mushrooms, onions and ground turkey
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN