Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stored in the door

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 21 Replies
Dh moved some of my stored milk to the freezer door (maybe a month ago and I didn't notice). How long will milk keep stored in the door? (Oh and who ever on here suggested storing milk in a gift bag with a slit in the bottom is a goddess, thank you!)
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:15 AM

How old was the milk before he moved it to the door? If less than 3 months I would use it now and replace it with freshly expressed...

Edenpeden
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I stored mine in the door before I knew better and it is still ok

iSMILEheCRIES
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Frozen the end of November, moved to the door around Dec 12th I think. I didn't see it in the bottom door so I have been using newer milk. My freezer is a mess UGH

Quoting MinaPR:

How old was the milk before he moved it to the door? If less than 3 months I would use it now and replace it with freshly expressed...

angelchewning
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:11 AM

same as edenpeden! oops. ummm whats this about a gift bag with a slit? could you tell me about it?

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM
If I wasn't mobile, I'd post a pic, but search pinterest for gift bag breastmilk freezer and you'll find them.

Quoting angelchewning:

same as edenpeden! oops. ummm whats this about a gift bag with a slit? could you tell me about it?

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, but I would use that milk first.
MinaPR
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:42 AM

LOL! My freezer is a mess too!! The milk is good, use it first.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: Frozen the end of November, moved to the door around Dec 12th I think. I didn't see it in the bottom door so I have been using newer milk. My freezer is a mess UGH

Quoting MinaPR:

iSMILEheCRIES
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Did you find it on pintrest? Basically freeze your milk bags flat, get a gift bag the correct size and in the bottom of the side cut a slit to pull the bags out. Oldest goes in first. It works like a dispenser!!

Quoting angelchewning:

angelchewning
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Yes i found it, Thanks! i cant believe i didnt think of that! im kind of mad i didnt know now, Ive got like 300oz of frozen BM in the freezer but its not frozen flat! ive got my bags in gallon freezer bags marked by month. the gift bag would have been so much more convenient! Oh well, now i know for next time.

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: Did you find it on pintrest? Basically freeze your milk bags flat, get a gift bag the correct size and in the bottom of the side cut a slit to pull the bags out. Oldest goes in first. It works like a dispenser!!

Quoting angelchewning:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:51 PM

If you moved it I wouldnt worry about it!

I personally always use fresh milk if I can..for a working mom the best plan is use fromt he day before, the giftbag idea is neat BUT I just use a shoebox and label the top with the dates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)