Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know I just posted and have not responded to that post, BUT....

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM
  • 13 Replies

I need to post another one! Thank you for all the replys to my last post that I still have to respond to! I have another one I need to post now....

I have a 10 month old nursling and have had my period back since 7.5 months PP. each month, my periods have been getting heavier andheavier and more and more painful. (NOT typical for me) The period I just finished was the worst one Ive had since high school! Pain with peeing, pooping, FARTING for crying out loud. I went to my OBGYN tonight and she did a sonogram and it turns out Ive got a cyst that is the culprit. She is a doctor that I love and trust, but to reduce the cyst, she perscribed me birth control pills. She wants me to take them for 3 months. She is a very natural, pro BF'ing, doctor and assured me up and down that it wouldnt hurt my supply. Im still scared. I dont want to take them for MANY reasons, but lowering my supply is the big one. I live in Poland, so the medications are different and I cant even read the name right on the script...(I haven't filled it yet) but it looks like its called Cewlette? Maybe? Or Cewrette? What should I do? She said my periods have been so bad because my body is trying to get rid of this cyst. At the same time, I dont want to do anything to lower my supply. ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE! Thanks ladies. I pretty much dont do ANYTHING without checking with you girls first. LOL!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelchewning
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:47 PM

perhaps you could take motilium in combination with the BC pills if you DO notice it lowers your supply

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Unfortunately I find nothing for either name. Are these ovarian cysts?

K8wizzo
by Kate on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:53 PM

I'm not finding anything by those names.  Can you take it to the pharmacy and ask what the components of the pill are?

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:26 PM
I agree! ^^^ Find out if it is a combination pill or progesterone only. Progesterone only should have no effect on your supply. The estrogen in the combo pill WILL kill supply.
amc103
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:58 AM

Thanks ladies for the information! The wrote me three seperate scripts for three months worth. (not sure why they are seperate) so Im going to get one filled to I can see exactly what Im dealing with and go from there. I will update when I get the medication! Thank you so much!!!!!!

amc103
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 1:58 AM

what is motilium?

Quoting angelchewning:

perhaps you could take motilium in combination with the BC pills if you DO notice it lowers your supply

amc103
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:00 AM

You know? Im not sure! I'll have to ask my hubby if she told him. She speaks Polish, so my hubby is always there to translate but he didnt say. (that doesnt always mean SHE didnt say, ha!) ;-) But the area with the most pain that she kept poking was on the right side of my c section scar.....is it possible to get one there? She said it was fluid filled. 

Quoting gdiamante:

Unfortunately I find nothing for either name. Are these ovarian cysts?

amc103
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Yes, I think it's what I'll have to do. thank you! I'll update when I get the medication! :-)

Quoting K8wizzo:

I'm not finding anything by those names.  Can you take it to the pharmacy and ask what the components of the pill are?

amc103
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Ooo, this is great information! Thank you! So there are only two kinds, right? Combo or progesterone only? Is the progesterone only considered the mini pill? 

Quoting aehanrahan: I agree! ^^^ Find out if it is a combination pill or progesterone only. Progesterone only should have no effect on your supply. The estrogen in the combo pill WILL kill supply.

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, it's the mini pill.

Quoting amc103:

Ooo, this is great information! Thank you! So there are only two kinds, right? Combo or progesterone only? Is the progesterone only considered the mini pill? 

Quoting aehanrahan: I agree! ^^^ Find out if it is a combination pill or progesterone only. Progesterone only should have no effect on your supply. The estrogen in the combo pill WILL kill supply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)