Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q's about supply

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
My son was born on Friday and he's been nursing great and so is my older son. What I'm wondering is why I don't have a let down or why my books don't leak really badly our hurt in the morning? ?? Thanks
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrseoc
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:33 PM

your tandum nursing, correct? Well this is just a guess, but maybe sinc eyou never stopped nursing your older child, your body didnt have to adapt to making milk like it did the first time. 

I found you a PDF from a trusty site that might help. http://kellymom.com/nursingtwo/resources/tandem-faq.pdf

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Things are different the second time around. Plus, tandem nursing plays a part also.
PoodleMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I never ever got engorged with either girl (my first was still nursing until the day I had her sister), never had supply issues the first few weeks (my first I did, but it was because of my pre-e and her ties.  Once I started pumping I had a huge supply til 8 weeks).  I've never ever leaked either!  Even when I was exclusively pumping and would sleep 12 hours at night, no leaking!  I'd pump over 12 oz every morning too.  Some people just don't have that problem :)

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Thank you ladies tandem nursing is what I'm doing :)
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds like your oldest is just taking care of all of the extra milk for you ;) and some women never feel letdown.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)