Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mothers milk

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
So I'm a day shy from 37 weeks. My df X Gabe him a bunch of tea called mothers milk that is suppose to help you naturally produce. I'm wondering if any one had ever tried it?

I'm having a c section in 3 weeks. Not going into natural labor i know it was difficult to get my supply going for my dd. My oldest was born at almost 42 weeks and i didn't have a hard time but since she was a straight scheduled c section my body wasnt prepared m they ended up supplementing her bc she was losing more weight than they liked. I'm not against it but i was a lil disappointed it took longer for my supply to start. I thought I'd it might help i would try it but again wad just wondering if any one had any pros or cons to it?
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Your milk will still come in with a c-section. A friend of mine just had one and her milk came in on the second day with no problems.
ETA: its quite common for babies to loose weight when they are born. Callie lost almost 8oz and Lexi lost 6oz before leaving the hospital.
KikiB85
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:40 PM
This is my third. I know it will but it was a slow start with my second.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Your milk can take up to 7 days to come in. Babies can lose up to 12% of their birth weight and be ok. Don't let them give baby anything by mouth except for you. Make sure as soon after you have the baby that you're nursing at every little movement.
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Exactly this!
Your milk will come in slowly if they supplement because that is time that the baby should be at the breast demanding milk. Ask for your baby to be put to the breast immediately after birth or as soon as you get into recovery. Keep the baby with you at all times and don't let them force formula on you. Your baby should be expected to lose up to 12% due to the IV fluids and not being squeezed out vaginally.

Quoting Junebaby18: Your milk can take up to 7 days to come in. Babies can lose up to 12% of their birth weight and be ok. Don't let them give baby anything by mouth except for you. Make sure as soon after you have the baby that you're nursing at every little movement.
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:38 PM
This and this :-)

Quoting aehanrahan: Exactly this!

Your milk will come in slowly if they supplement because that is time that the baby should be at the breast demanding milk. Ask for your baby to be put to the breast immediately after birth or as soon as you get into recovery. Keep the baby with you at all times and don't let them force formula on you. Your baby should be expected to lose up to 12% due to the IV fluids and not being squeezed out vaginally.

Quoting Junebaby18: Your milk can take up to 7 days to come in. Babies can lose up to 12% of their birth weight and be ok. Don't let them give baby anything by mouth except for you. Make sure as soon after you have the baby that you're nursing at every little movement.
mamabens
by Miranda on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Yep what they said! Know that drs and sadly hospital Lcs rarely know much about normal breastfeeding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)