Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Milk hasn't come in please help!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
  • 34 Replies

I just had my second child on jan 16th and the hospital discharged us Friday, I breast fed my first child until he was a year old he's now 17 months old and I had no issues but it has been two days since having my daughter and my milk still hasn't came in :( my boobs aren't swollen or sore at all like they were with my son and I can barely get a drip of colostrum out I'm starting to stress out bc my daughter is hungry and is getting frustrated with me when she tries to eat....so I've been supplementing with formula and I hate giving it to her! How do I make my milk come in? My body isn't showing any signs that it's going too.... I feel like I'm letting her down 😥 I also had a moderat hemmorage after delivery if that can affect anything....I'm just needing advice 

by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shortyali
by Alicia on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM
2 moms liked this
The best and fastest wY to get your milk in is to toss all bottles and formula. Each bottle is a missed opportunity to signal your body it needs to produce. Plus it can take up to a week for your milk to fully come in.
ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Well one, stop stressing, i know it's hard not to stress, i did the same thing. But it can cause a huge effect. 

My milk didn't come in for a week until afterwards, and it was my second pregnancy, my first pregnancy, nothing came in. 

Just keep pumping.

And also, have your husband stimulate. 

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:18 PM
5 moms liked this
You're only 2 days pp, so it's not surprising that your milk isn't in yet. It can take up to a week. You are making colostrum whether you can express it or not. It's thick and isn't easily expressed. That's all she needs. Her stomach is the size of a marble. Stop the formula and put her to the breast. The formula is just slowing down your production. Let her fuss at the breast; that will make your milk come in quicker. Get skin to skin with her and relax.
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Stop supplementing...trust your body..my milk took 5 days..just because u can't see ur milk doesn't mean ur baby isn't getting it. Congratulations on ur baby!
ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this

And no I would not stop supplementing....I didn't supplement for a few hours, and all the girls did was SCREAM because they were that hungry........

If you have a syringe, just put a few drops formula in that...

SarahGibson010
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Also I forgot to mention she sleeps ALOT like I have to wake her for feedings and sometimes i can't even get her to wake no matter what I do!

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
There's no need to pump or supplement. Let nature do it's thing and put your baby on your breast. Supplementing is going to create flow preference and it will be 10 times harder to get back to breastfeeding.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Take off all her clothes and put a cool washcloth on her. That will irritate her. Diaper changes usually do the trick too.

Quoting SarahGibson010:

Also I forgot to mention she sleeps ALOT like I have to wake her for feedings and sometimes i can't even get her to wake no matter what I do!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM
THIS!!!
Kelley is a breastfeeding knowledgeable pediatrician!

Quoting stepconfused182: You're only 2 days pp, so it's not surprising that your milk isn't in yet. It can take up to a week. You are making colostrum whether you can express it or not. It's thick and isn't easily expressed. That's all she needs. Her stomach is the size of a marble. Stop the formula and put her to the breast. The formula is just slowing down your production. Let her fuss at the breast; that will make your milk come in quicker. Get skin to skin with her and relax.
ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 18, 2014 at 9:29 PM

hun shes two days old

Quoting SarahGibson010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN