Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mild fever and fussiness... teething??

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM
  • 6 Replies
Hi. My DD has been having a mild fever (under 99F) and has been very fussy for 2 days now. She just turned 6 months. Diaper count went up since she had 7 loose poops yesterday! Not diarrhea, but soft. She's been nursing fine. But the temp is weird because it is only her head is warm... the rest of the body is cool. No runny nose or cough, but bad diaper rash. She cries as if in pain and only wants to be held or comfort nursing. Any ideas? Please help.
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Sounds like a bug.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:38 AM
How does the diaper rash look? Does it look like.a yeast infection?
MinaPR
by Mina on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Yes, like a yeast infection. Can I use GV on it??

Quoting Precious333: How does the diaper rash look? Does it look like.a yeast infection?
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Jan. 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM
I dont see why not. You can also wipe with a vinegar solution, put probiotic powder or plain yogurt on it and give some diaperless time as often as you can. My son had that before and we got an antifungal cream.

Quoting MinaPR: Yes, like a yeast infection. Can I use GV on it??

Quoting Precious333: How does the diaper rash look? Does it look like.a yeast infection?
ishldbcooking
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:07 AM
What is GV? pure coconut oil is good for a yeast rash. It got rid of the one on my breasts on 3 days. Keep area clean and reapply coconut oil at diaper changes. Yogurt is good and cutting sugars, processed foods, and yeasts from diet will help

ishldbcooking
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:08 AM
You taking a probiotic, eating yogurt, and taking coconut oil daily can help prevent thrush and yeast rashs :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)