Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What is best to nurse in?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:21 PM
  • 19 Replies
My two-week old stays latched constantly. And I mean constantly. He will nurse for an hour or hour and a half, fall asleep for ten minutes and do it all over again. He usually only actually sleeps once during the day, and that's only if i put him in the moby. At night he'll go 2-3 hours or more, so that's okay, but I am absolutely tied down to the couch during the day and cannot get anything done. So, what carriers have you experienced moms used that work well with nursing hands free? I have a moby and an ergo (haven't used the ergo yet because he's so little). I'm willing to purchase another carrier if need be so I can actually do laundry or make myself lunch or go to the store. Also, if you have links for pictures or videos that show nursing in carriers that would be so helpful!
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceckyl
by Kyla on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:41 PM
For that age, a ring sling. Don't worry, what baby's doing is normal.
BooBoozMoM
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I used to nurse hands free in my MOBY with my first. Loved it! I'm going to make my own for my 1 month old since I no longer have my old MOBY.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I hate nursing in the Moby. I love my ring sling for nursing though. I haven't tried in the woven wrap though.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Day before yesterday lol
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM
i've heard that ring slings are super easy to nurse in when they're little. I never could figure out nursing in my Moby. there are lots of youtube videos. I loved nursing in the ergo when he got older. It was very easy.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I think slings are best when little, but then ergo when they are older. I loved my moby for when DS was asleep, but not to nurse in.

OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:26 PM
I think ring slings are easiest to nurse in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Yeah, I can't for the life of me figure out nursing in the moby either. He's so tight and high up on my chest and far away from my boobs... Lol

Quoting MommyO2-6631: i've heard that ring slings are super easy to nurse in when they're little. I never could figure out nursing in my Moby. there are lots of youtube videos. I loved nursing in the ergo when he got older. It was very easy.
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Looking good!

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Mobile Photo

Day before yesterday lol
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:05 AM
When you nurse in the moby you lower the baby to your boob. I never figured out the newborn cradle hold and have been nursing in my moby daily since we came home from the hospital. I wear him upright in what's called (I think) the pocket cross carry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)