Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Some advice please!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok I dont know if anybody felt like I did but when I had my daughter I only breatfeed her for a month, because it felt weird to me didnt like the way my uterus felt, I just felt like icky about mouth on my breast, so I switched her to bottle with my breastmilk.
That was 8 years ago.

With my last baby I want to breastfeed longer, how should I go about doing that with out those weird feelings! Even though I might not get those feeling this time around, but what ya'll think I should do?
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way. I hate the way it feels. There is nothin that says you have to love it. I just distract myself. Books, tv, computer games, my other kids lol.
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was pregnant I decided I would "tolerate" breastfeeding. I sincerely thought I would have the same issues you did. I ended up absolutely loving it. Maybe it will be different for you this time around! I hope so & good luck!
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Many moms end up doing just this.

Quoting jjchick75: I'm the same way. I hate the way it feels. There is nothin that says you have to love it. I just distract myself. Books, tv, computer games, my other kids lol.
angelchewning
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the uterine "ickyness" is contractions. Many women experience these during nursing and they help get your uterus back to it's normal size more quickly. They also should subside after a few weeks.
ishldbcooking
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It gets easier. I was worried I wouldn't succeed bc of the way I felt while prego. I think hearing ppl talk negatively about BF makes iy wierd for us. But I ended up loving it and doing it for 8 months with my first and hopefully for at least a year or more with my 4 month old. Try to tough it out, you may end up loving it. Try to distract yourself with something :)
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly at only a month id expect it to still be "weird" at best. It changes so much after that. And even if it's still weird the benefit of not worrying about bottles(and everything else of course) makes it more than worth your while to stick it out
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:10 AM
1 mom liked this
The uterus thing is just your uterus contracting, which you'd feel even if you weren't breastfeeding. As for the mouth thing, it's generally referred to as nursing aversions and they come and go for me. I had them really bad when I was pregnant (and nursing a toddler) but they mostly went away when the baby was born. The best thing to do is distract yourself and think of other things. Having a cold drink or favorite snack every time is nursed helped too. One of my snacks was ice cream.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juniebug11
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this
It does get easier. I was determined to breast feed. Right after my son was born breast feeding gave me the worst cramps you could ever imagine (seriously!) . I was doubling up on pain meds and still in a lot of pain. I would just sit in the tub. About a week after he was born I just had a break down because I couldn't get him to latch. My mother in law got me a hand pump ( that I could use for nights like this ) I used that for that night and he was able to latch maybe 2 day later:

Be persistent , and you will be able to do To! With my first I didn breast feed, and my with my second he will be a year old on Friday! Just check this site often, it is a huge suppor group.

Good luck!
mommielovesyou
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Your right but it felt uncomfortable to me and I knew it was normal too.

Quoting angelchewning: Correct me if I'm wrong, but the uterine "ickyness" is contractions. Many women experience these during nursing and they help get your uterus back to it's normal size more quickly. They also should subside after a few weeks.
mommielovesyou
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Im going to do it and take alot of advice from here cause I felt guilty that I didnt breastfeed my daughter for a while, and if thosr feelings come back Im going to tough it out.
:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)