Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Breastfeeding Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining Breastfeeding Moms!

Please reply to this post, introduce yourself and tell us what's on your mind today!

Here's a few questions to help get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? 

2. Is this your first baby? If not, how many kids do you have?

3. Where do you live? Where did you grow up?

4. What are your plans for today?

After you've replied to this post, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them.  You can 'Like' their replies, as well.

You'll also find moms chatting by posting & replying on the group.
Please feel free to reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too.  Make yourself at home and join in!

Click here if you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts:
Would you like your 1st name added to your posts?

I look forward to getting to know you!

breastfeedingJenn

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AHarris116
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi. I'm Ashley and I've been breastfeeding my little man for 3 weeks today. He's doing great. The only concern is the uncomfortable gas he has but I've been reassured it's normal and I'm glad that's my biggest concern. This is my second child. My first son is 5. I was 19 when I had him and made some mistakes with breastfeeding and gave up after 3 months. Id like to breastfeed my new guy for a year so I'm taking it seriously this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Hi Ashley! Welcome to the group! Try leaning back and putting him on top of the breast instead of under it to see if it helps with the gassiness.

Quoting AHarris116: Hi. I'm Ashley and I've been breastfeeding my little man for 3 weeks today. He's doing great. The only concern is the uncomfortable gas he has but I've been reassured it's normal and I'm glad that's my biggest concern. This is my second child. My first son is 5. I was 19 when I had him and made some mistakes with breastfeeding and gave up after 3 months. Id like to breastfeed my new guy for a year so I'm taking it seriously this time.
jubes
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:08 PM
1. How long have you been breastfeeding? My LO is 13 days old :)

2. Is this your first baby? If not, how many kids do you have? She is my 4th and final baby :) I also have a 13y/o dd, 5y/o ds, 3y/o ds

3. Where do you live? Where did you grow up? I live in Washington state, have lived here forever :)

4. What are your plans for today? Tonight we are watching the Winter Olympics!!!!

So far bf'ing is going pretty well. She has some laziness when first latching, it takes her a few attempts to finally latch and get down to business :) I'm concerned though that she has a sensitivity to dairy, she has rotten egg burps and foul smelling poop :( and a noisy tummy that just doesn't sound happy.
mommydee6
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 1:37 AM
My mommies :) I am new here but I've been breastfeeding my almost 8 month old baby since birth, he is my first and my only son.. I live in Upland, CA.. I love breastfeeding my son, he's sucha healthy baby I would say :)
melissamonsterr
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Hello My name is Melissa! I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant with my first baby girl, and in a previous thing I posted really not looking forward to breast feeding... but if you want to know more about that look for my post! 

1. How long have you been breastfeeding?  Haven't had the baby yet (;

2. Is this your first baby? If not, how many kids do you have? My first girl!

3. Where do you live? Where did you grow up? Upstate New York!

4. What are your plans for today? Well it's 9 pm so I'll be going to sleep soon!

Crystaal
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:00 PM

Hi, I'm Crystal I've been breastfeeding my lil man for 3 1/2 months he's my only child and is doing well although his tummy does make gurgling noises sometimes even after he's eaten, could this be because he hasn't eaten enough? or gas?

onedayforus
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Hello, 

My name is Karyssa. I have been breastfeeding for a month now (Olivia Jasmine born 1/18/14).

She is my first born. We live in Boston, born and raised. We don't have any plans today... Sundays are "bum days" for us really. 

I am happy I found this group. Hope to learn and share ideas with others. 

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Where do you live upstate? I live in the Utica/Rome area. I may have missed your earlier post (sometimes happens since I'm mobile), what aren't you looking forward to or what scares you? Keep in mind too that most of what you see in Thai group maybe issues with nursing but that doesn't mean it happens to everyone. :)

Quoting melissamonsterr:

Hello My name is Melissa! I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant with my first baby girl, and in a previous thing I posted really not looking forward to breast feeding... but if you want to know more about that look for my post! 

1. How long have you been breastfeeding?  Haven't had the baby yet (;

2. Is this your first baby? If not, how many kids do you have? My first girl!

3. Where do you live? Where did you grow up? Upstate New York!

4. What are your plans for today? Well it's 9 pm so I'll be going to sleep soon!

tempy22414
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Hi I'm temperance! I've been breastfeeding since my ds was born on the 12th but took 3 days off because ds was spitting up blood from my breast.

This is my first (probably only) child lol

I live in st pete fl also grew up here.

Since today is almost over, my plans for tomorrow is to get my ds circumcised in the am and then try and rest the rest of the day. I had a c section so I'm trying to let my body heal
MrsCutright526
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Hi my name is Nicole. I am currently 36 wks pregnant and the mother of two. I didn't breastfeed with my first two but am going to with this one when I have her. Im nervous and hope I can do it!!! Thought joining this group would help. Hope to make a bunch of supporting friends :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)