Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Curious about other 9mos.

Posted by   + Show Post
What is/was the length of your 9mo? My ds is still under 1st percentile and want to know if there are any moms with similar experience. I fear the worst even though I was told it could be nothing. Growth hormones checked out fine...thx.
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Replies (21-30):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:08 AM
What is the weight history? NOT the percentiles, the actual weights. Percentiles are meaningless in regards to a baby's health.
Jessbech
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:08 AM
2weeks 19.5
2 mo 22
4 mo 23
6 mo 24
7 mo 24.5
9 mo 25.3

Quoting aehanrahan: What is the weight history? NOT the percentiles, the actual weights. Percentiles are meaningless in regards to a baby's health.
Jessbech
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Mobile Photo

Is this following his curve??
Jessbech
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Bump!?

Quoting Jessbech:

Mobile Photo

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Is this the length? Is that all you're concerned about? How is the weight gain? I asked for the weights.

Quoting Jessbech: 2weeks 19.5

2 mo 22

4 mo 23

6 mo 24

7 mo 24.5

9 mo 25.3

Quoting aehanrahan: What is the weight history? NOT the percentiles, the actual weights. Percentiles are meaningless in regards to a baby's health.
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Haven't read all the replies, but has he become more active?  even if he isn't crawling yet, but pulling himself up or rocking/bouncing all the time?  

Everyone else has pretty much covered it.  Sounds like you truly don't need to be worried!

Quoting Jessbech: He was 19.5 at birth, 10th percentile. He then fell to below the 1st at 2 mo. He plateaued between 2-4 and then grew a small amt between 6-9 mo yet still under the chart. At nine mo his weight went down too. Not sure how or why bc he eats at least 30oz of bm per 24hrs.

Overall since birth he's grown 5 inches putting him at 25.5 (and that's generous)inches at 9 mo. Me and dh are above avg height. No allergies or ties that I know of...

Thx for the insight and reassurance.

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Certainly looks like a growing curve.  :)  I'm no expert, I can only say if it was mine I wouldn't be concerned.  

Quoting Jessbech:

Jessbech
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Yes! He wasn't crawling at his last appt, now he's crawling marathons! Pulling up and cruising around. I figured that had something to to w the weight decrease... Thanks!

Quoting micheledo:

Haven't read all the replies, but has he become more active?  even if he isn't crawling yet, but pulling himself up or rocking/bouncing all the time?  

Everyone else has pretty much covered it.  Sounds like you truly don't need to be worried!

Quoting Jessbech: He was 19.5 at birth, 10th percentile. He then fell to below the 1st at 2 mo. He plateaued between 2-4 and then grew a small amt between 6-9 mo yet still under the chart. At nine mo his weight went down too. Not sure how or why bc he eats at least 30oz of bm per 24hrs.

Overall since birth he's grown 5 inches putting him at 25.5 (and that's generous)inches at 9 mo. Me and dh are above avg height. No allergies or ties that I know of...

Thx for the insight and reassurance.

Jessbech
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Oops... Weights are ok tho....

Quoting aehanrahan: Is this the length? Is that all you're concerned about? How is the weight gain? I asked for the weights.

Quoting Jessbech: 2weeks 19.5

2 mo 22

4 mo 23

6 mo 24

7 mo 24.5

9 mo 25.3

angelchewning
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM
I kind of want to fire your doctor lol. That's his curve. It's moving upwards consistently like you'd expect. He dropped percentiles slightly but that is expected. Ds started out at the 90th percentile and dropped to the 40th by his 6 mo check up.(not that I ever gave a hoot what the chart said. He looks good to me regardless of your silly doctor numbers) Benjamin only dropped a couple percentiles! He is all good. If he stops growing or gets smaller then you can start tp worry. But that won't happen!
Quoting Jessbech: Bump!?

Quoting Jessbech:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN