Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Curious about other 9mos.

Posted by   + Show Post
What is/was the length of your 9mo? My ds is still under 1st percentile and want to know if there are any moms with similar experience. I fear the worst even though I was told it could be nothing. Growth hormones checked out fine...thx.
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Replies (41-41):
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my 11 month old baby girl.  She's barely over 15lbs, maybe 15 1/2lbs tops.  She's 27"  (so I was wrong, she's grown a whole 6 3/4" instead of 5 3/4").

She's in 6-9 month clothes right now, and probably will be until somewhere between 12-13 months old.

Quoting Jessbech: Really!?! Wow! That's great! My boy is super smart, happy, and healthy otherwise too! Maybe I should find a new ped so I'm not a crazy person!!

Quoting JadeTigr7: Yes.

My daughter is 11 months old and has only grown 5 3/4 inches since birth. Her doctor has no concerns. My daughter has also only gained 8lbs since birth. Still no concerns. She looks at my baby, not the charts. My daughter only recently got into any type of curves and dropped percentiles like mad since birth. She's had zero testing.

I'd drop your doctor. I wouldn't trust one that pays more attention to numbers and percentiles than my actual child.

Quoting Jessbech: Thanks, so growth, even if its reaaaaly slow is ok!?

Quoting angelchewning: I kind of want to fire your doctor lol. That's his curve. It's moving upwards consistently like you'd expect. He dropped percentiles slightly but that is expected. Ds started out at the 90th percentile and dropped to the 40th by his 6 mo check up.(not that I ever gave a hoot what the chart said. He looks good to me regardless of your silly doctor numbers) Benjamin only dropped a couple percentiles! He is all good. If he stops growing or gets smaller then you can start tp worry. But that won't happen! Quoting Jessbech: Bump!?

Quoting Jessbech:

Mobile Photo

Is this following his curve??

~Crystal~

Homeschooling Mama to James, Jade, Steven, Willow and Katara
Wifey to Michael since 3-30-05

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN