Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

10 months my milk is going dry...

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM
  • 13 Replies

my son is 10 months and he is a breastfeed baby, no formula. Well he hates baby food and refuses to eat that. My milk is going dry, so i was wondering do i switch to formula or go to wholemilk??

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
How are you determining that you are drying up?
jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM

This.  Simply because...your milk doesn't just dry up for no reason. 

Quoting MamaCeleste0722: How are you determining that you are drying up?

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Before 1 it would need to be either formula or breast milk. What makes you think your drying up?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
JaxsonMomma
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM

It might no be "drying up" but my milk is barely coming out and everytime I feed my son 5-10 min later he crying and trying to eat again. This last for quite sometime

shortyali
by Alicia on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Is he getting bottles at all? If so what flow nipple and what size bottles?

my DS2 does this eery so often because he doesn't want to work for a letdown. He also squeezes and rubs my breast like he's trying to make it faster, lol. 

Quoting JaxsonMomma:

It might no be "drying up" but my milk is barely coming out and everytime I feed my son 5-10 min later he crying and trying to eat again. This last for quite sometime

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
outstandingLove
by Cheri on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:14 PM

have you been counting diapers? Have you done a nurse and weigh in?

diaper counting is the best way to tell if baby is getting enough.

Quoting JaxsonMomma:

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Sounds like a growth spurt. Baby food isn't necessary either, so I'd just nurse before meals and give him table food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:06 PM

Never never never whiole milk before one. Never.

No need to go to formula. Seriously, just put him to breast every time he wants to be there. Nurse before offering solids, skip the purees. He will do all that's needed.

About 5 dipes a day means you're golden. Sounds all normal here.

MamaCeleste0722
by Celeste on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Yep. Wanting to nurse more often doesn't mean there's an issue with supply. And what you see, express, etc doesn't mean anything as far as supply either

Quoting gdiamante:

Never never never whiole milk before one. Never.

No need to go to formula. Seriously, just put him to breast every time he wants to be there. Nurse before offering solids, skip the purees. He will do all that's needed.

About 5 dipes a day means you're golden. Sounds all normal here.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM
The only indicator that your milk is drying up is less than four diapers in a day. Other than that nurse him, chop up a piece of fruit or soft veggie, put him in his high chair and let him Explore once a day. After he's done exploring/eating nurse him again if he wants. Milk doesn't just dry up on its own unless you're on estrogen birth control, pregnant or have PCOS or a thyroid condition (if that was the case it would have been a problem earlier on). This is normal for a nursing infant/toddler.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)