Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

one glass of wine

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 3:29 AM
  • 9 Replies
I had One glass of wine at 12:30ish it's now 2:30 when can I nurse again?
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cp428
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 3:37 AM
You could have nursed while you had it :) Safe to drive, safe to nurse! As long as you weren't/aren't buzzed, it's fine.
bonniemommy100
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM
She nursed before I had the wine so she'll be up soon and far from buzzed but I wanted to be sure I don't harm her because of the wine.
cp428
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 3:43 AM
Nope , you're fine :) No worries, nurse away when she wakes!
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:32 AM
There was a study done recently where a woman/researcher drank alcohol and drew her blood at various points and also pumped. The result was that a whole lot less alcohol transferred in the milk than they expected. If you weren't buzzed you were certainly within the safe limits to nurse. Conservatively, some women wait 2 hours after a drink.
JadeTigr7
by Crystal on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I usually nurse baby while I drink my wine, and I don't get buzzed off one glass so I go ahead and nurse baby whenever she wants.
Mrsmayaguy
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Nurse away. As long as you aren't buzzed you are fine.  I've known moms to nurse while they drink a glass of wine.  In Europe it's done.  My daughter is fine and I have a glass at night on weekends and I love it. I wish it was the weekend every damn night.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I never limited nursing my babies due to having a drink or two. I sipped slowly. I even nursed my baby while sipping a drink on a few occasions.
bonniemommy100
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies I don't feel as guilty as I did last night. I was so scared I would hurt her in some way due to the wine but knowing I can still nurse even after One glass makes me feel better.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Generations of European women are laughing at us silly Americans for worrying about drinking wine. For centuries, European wine was safer than water, which could be contaminated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)