Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I think I'll always...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:25 AM
  • 11 Replies

Mobile Photo

Be a super pumper. Aiden is almost twenty months. We did a test run and let him sleep in Grandma's room and us in the guest room. I just woke up and was "full" but not engorged so I pumped with a single manual pump and got four ounces. I haven't pumped since he was a year old. Yep, that's my super power :)
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cassie2115
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:28 AM
I'm jealous! The most I've ever gotten was 3 ounces with the norm being 2.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:53 AM
I wish there was a need for toddler milk. My kiddo probably won't drink this when he gets up.

Quoting Cassie2115: I'm jealous! The most I've ever gotten was 3 ounces with the norm being 2.
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 7:17 AM
If I pump after nursing I get two or three ounces. If I pump in between I get four or five. If I pump first thing in the morning I get six or more. But my baby is almost three months.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:22 AM
I EPed until he was two months old and could get 10 ounces or more some times. Everyone keeps telling me that eventually I won't respond to the pump anymore... so I wasn't expecting four ounces at all.

Quoting hip2it: If I pump after nursing I get two or three ounces. If I pump in between I get four or five. If I pump first thing in the morning I get six or more. But my baby is almost three months.
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Its strange to me. With my eight year old I could get a lot. None with my five year old and a lot with my three month old.

Quoting MommyO2-6631: I EPed until he was two months old and could get 10 ounces or more some times. Everyone keeps telling me that eventually I won't respond to the pump anymore... so I wasn't expecting four ounces at all.

Quoting hip2it: If I pump after nursing I get two or three ounces. If I pump in between I get four or five. If I pump first thing in the morning I get six or more. But my baby is almost three months.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM
I guess pump response is different with each baby just like every nursing relationship is different with each child.

Quoting hip2it: Its strange to me. With my eight year old I could get a lot. None with my five year old and a lot with my three month old.

Quoting MommyO2-6631: I EPed until he was two months old and could get 10 ounces or more some times. Everyone keeps telling me that eventually I won't respond to the pump anymore... so I wasn't expecting four ounces at all.

Mrsmayaguy
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM

So jealous.  I produce milk great but it would take me 40 mins to pump that!  So I can't pump since my dd still feeds every 2 hours or I'd never get anything done.

will you donate or does your child take it from a bottle.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 8, 2014 at 7:49 PM
He's twenty months old and toddlers milk is different than an infants so I could only donate to another toddler. There's not much of a demand for that. He actually did drink all of it from his sippy cup with breakfast. I didn't think he would.

Quoting Mrsmayaguy:

So jealous.  I produce milk great but it would take me 40 mins to pump that!  So I can't pump since my dd still feeds every 2 hours or I'd never get anything done.

will you donate or does your child take it from a bottle.

Seximama23
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Wow I think I can get about almost 2.5 oz from both sides together. But I only pump about 5 mins because my pump hurts me
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!

When my oldest dd was born I had to pump for her bc she was a preemie in the nicu. They had to order bigger bottles for me bc I got so much milk. The lc told me I could've fed the entire nicu for a day with 2 pump sessions. Lol they called me the milk goddess
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN