Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Why is he spitting up??

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM
  • 26 Replies
??

Every time I nurse he spits up at least once, sometimes two or three times. It's not just little burp spit ups, its nice size amounts of milk, some times it's a little bit projectile.

Why??
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabenmikeysmom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Maybe it's reflux??
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Overactive let down in which milk can come out too fast and cause baby to spit up? Dairy intolerance? Too much air taken in while nursing?
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Ant fussiness? The most common reason is overactive letdown.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Too much air taken in during a feeding will cause gassiness and spitting up. The most common cause its overactive letdown and oversupply, followed by tongue and upper lip ties.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:43 PM
How projectile? How old is he? My daughter had that and it kept getting more forcefully and she had pyloric stenosis. It's more common in boys though. However my youngest DD does the same if she dose not burp good after ever feeding. Maybe try being sure all burps are out.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Some babies are just spitters, others have a medical reason for it. If he's happy before, during, and after the spitting, it's just a laundry problem.
AudlyLuvly
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Some babies just spit. Their valve isn't fully developed and let's their food back out. There are several reasons why it might be happening, and I doubt you'll find the answer from strange women on an internet forum that don't know you, or your child, or any medical history.
corpswife523
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM
He's one month

Quoting amberNewman0213: How projectile? How old is he? My daughter had that and it kept getting more forcefully and she had pyloric stenosis. It's more common in boys though. However my youngest DD does the same if she dose not burp good after ever feeding. Maybe try being sure all burps are out.
corpswife523
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:28 PM
So If it's over supply does that mean he ate to much? Or to fast?

Quoting aehanrahan: Too much air taken in during a feeding will cause gassiness and spitting up. The most common cause its overactive letdown and oversupply, followed by tongue and upper lip ties.
yellow14
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 2:07 PM
When my son was that little every time he would eat he would spit up alittle, And that's normal as long as it's not projectile and he is fine through out the day he is fine, that's why they invented burp rags. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)