Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

i feel bad...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 17 Replies
I gave autumn a spoonful of silk almondmilk (i cant drink cows milk anymore. Been getting upset stomach since i was little) and she coughs and spits it all up and coughs and coughs. Same reaction i have to drinking milk also but give it like 15 mins and i gwt back stomach pains and upset stomach. Does it sound like an allergy?
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Maybe she jusr choked on it? I would wait and then try again later to see if she reacts again.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:24 AM
I would let her try it in her sippy cup. She may have just gotten choked.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM
It was on a spoon. A regular spoon.

Quoting Precious333: Maybe she jusr choked on it? I would wait and then try again later to see if she reacts again.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:26 AM
From on a spoon?

Quoting MommyO2-6631: I would let her try it in her sippy cup. She may have just gotten choked.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM
At a year old Aiden would get choked if it was from anything but his cup. It was like he wasn't expecting it to be something he had to swallow and it took him by surprise every time.

Quoting mama-smurf: From on a spoon?

Quoting MommyO2-6631: I would let her try it in her sippy cup. She may have just gotten choked.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Ah, gotcha. It wasn't immediate come. She drank it and couple seconds later she smiled and then gave me mean look and coughed

Quoting MommyO2-6631: At a year old Aiden would get choked if it was from anything but his cup. It was like he wasn't expecting it to be something he had to swallow and it took him by surprise every time.

Quoting mama-smurf: From on a spoon?

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Maybe she just didn't like it. Or maybe she's like my eight year old who has a pretty sensitive gag reflex.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Why would you give it to her on a spoon instead of in a cup?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Eveeytime i give her aippy cup she spits it out all over herself.

Quoting polkaspots: Why would you give it to her on a spoon instead of in a cup?
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Have you tried a straw or regular cup? Ds didn't like sippy cups either. The few times he used one he spit it out too.

Quoting mama-smurf: Eveeytime i give her aippy cup she spits it out all over herself.

Quoting polkaspots: Why would you give it to her on a spoon instead of in a cup?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN