Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Will working out and dieting affect my milk?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
I had a baby 3 months ago. I had a c section. So I am trying to loose my pregnancy belly. But I have heard I could loose my milk etc. By changing my diet or working out.Is that true? I am doing the special k diet. Or trying to do it.
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Weight Watchers. Best diet on the planet for nursing moms; it's a plan specifically for them. And it WORKS. Special K diet only works for the Kellogg company, I'm afraid. **smile**

Keep in mind, nine months on, nine months off, and you may forever see a bit of belly. That's OK.

midnightstar21
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:54 PM
That's what I heard after I bought it. Oh well cereal is good lol. I was thinking about that.But is it expensive?

Quoting gdiamante:

Weight Watchers. Best diet on the planet for nursing moms; it's a plan specifically for them. And it WORKS. Special K diet only works for the Kellogg company, I'm afraid. **smile**

Keep in mind, nine months on, nine months off, and you may forever see a bit of belly. That's OK.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Quoting gdiamante:

This. You need 1500 to 1800 calories per day to nurse without dragging your own reserves down. Adequate hydration is also very important. Remember, nine months on, nine months off. Make your calories count; proteins, vegetables, good fats.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM

The current monthly online pass is $42.95, according to their website.

A free option is to cut down carbs and increase activity. A daily half hour walk helped me drop close to 20 pounds. It took six months, but slow and steady is what wins the race. Last time I lost fast, it all came back with interest.

newmelly2009
by Melissa on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:44 AM

It's cheaper with the packages, I did a whole year for a hundred and something, sorry I forget how much, they have smaller packages too. Weight watchers is great the only thing that worked for me

Quoting midnightstar21: That's what I heard after I bought it. Oh well cereal is good lol. I was thinking about that.But is it expensive?

Quoting gdiamante:

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. As long as you have fat and nutrients stored SOMEWHERE on your body combined with adequate hydration (breastmilk is mainly water) and demand from baby, you'll make the milk your baby needs.
Stories of drying up from such things generally fall into the category of myths and misconceptions which abound about breastfeeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Dehydration and malnutrition will make you sick before your milk suffers, but that's still something to avoid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Analugojana
by Christine on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Don't go overboard with dieting. I might be the odd ball here but I saw a marked decrease in supply with dieting, even with plenty hydration. Kellogg diet is crap. You might lose weght but it's an unhealthy diet, made of mostly highly processed carbs and fake sugar. The win win is a healthy diet and a small decrease in carbs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)