Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me this is just a phase...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

DD was doing so good when I first went back to work.  She was 9 weeks old.  She would go to bed around 8 or 8:30pm and most nights sleep until 5:15am when I would wake her up to eat before work.

She will be 4 months old on Saturday.  She still goes to bed around 8 or 8:30pm but now wakes up 1-2 times a night to eat (or like last night 3 times).  I know they say there is a sleep regression between 3 and 4 months but seriously?  I can't keep doing this and functioning at work and home.  I need some sleep.  How long does this last?!?!?  I know she's going to start teething soon too and that means sleep issues.  I just feel like it's going to be forever before I don't feel like a zombie every day.

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MinaPR
by Mina on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:33 AM
My DD does that every time she hits a growth spurt. 3 months, 6 months... She's almost 7, so I'm expecting the next sleepless nights in 2 months or so! LOL! Luckily it only lasts 1 or 2 nights. She then goes back to her lazy ways... sleeping from 8 to 8! Hopefully your DD is going to do the same. Good luck!!!
cp428
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I hate to tell you this, but my DD went from sleeping through the night (roughly 10pm-7am) at 5 weeks to waking up every one to two hours at 4 months and it lasted all the way til she was almost 2 years old. I'd have killed for only 1-3 times a night. Hopefully this won't be the case for you, but I just wanted to throw out that warning. That 4 month sleep regression is awful :( I worked full time too, and I was a zombie for 2 years.

hnischke
by Heather on Feb. 10, 2014 at 10:45 AM
This is how my sons sleep schedule was and still is like. He's 17mo and is up every 2hrs and in a bad night way more than that.

Quoting cp428:

I hate to tell you this, but my DD went from sleeping through the night (roughly 10pm-7am) at 5 weeks to waking up every one to two hours at 4 months and it lasted all the way til she was almost 2 years old. I'd have killed for only 1-3 times a night. Hopefully this won't be the case for you, but I just wanted to throw out that warning. That 4 month sleep regression is awful :( I worked full time too, and I was a zombie for 2 years.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM
It is normal for babies to wake at night and eat, especially at her age. Do you co-sleep? That can be a life saver. Neither of you has to wake fully to nurse. You can side-car her crib so she has her own space but is in easy reach for nursing. There are videos and pictures of how to do this.
Eternity807
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM

We do co-sleep and have since she was a couple weeks old.  So I'm not completely awake all night but some nights she doesn't just wake to eat.  She will wake up, eat, and be wide awake.

Quoting MusherMaggie: It is normal for babies to wake at night and eat, especially at her age. Do you co-sleep? That can be a life saver. Neither of you has to wake fully to nurse. You can side-car her crib so she has her own space but is in easy reach for nursing. There are videos and pictures of how to do this.

hnischke
by Heather on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM
She misses you :)

Quoting Eternity807:

We do co-sleep and have since she was a couple weeks old.  So I'm not completely awake all night but some nights she doesn't just wake to eat.  She will wake up, eat, and be wide awake.

Quoting MusherMaggie: It is normal for babies to wake at night and eat, especially at her age. Do you co-sleep? That can be a life saver. Neither of you has to wake fully to nurse. You can side-car her crib so she has her own space but is in easy reach for nursing. There are videos and pictures of how to do this.

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a ten year old that has never slept more than six hours at a time. My eight and five year olds were born sleeping through the night. My three month old wakes every two hours.

Each baby is very different. No way to say for sure how long it will last.
anxiousschk
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Mine is just over 12 months and is doing the same thing.  

VERY recently she's started sleeping more at night, especially if we give her a snack of food before her main night nursing session.  

Quoting hnischke: This is how my sons sleep schedule was and still is like. He's 17mo and is up every 2hrs and in a bad night way more than that.

Quoting cp428:

Marti123
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Every baby is so different. My little one is 4 1/2 months. I was ecstatic when she slept 6 hour stretches starting at 4-5 weeks, but then about 3 weeks ago, she did the same thing as yours, up every 2-3 hours. It's brutal as a WOHM.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM

It lasts as long as it lasts. It may be a phase, but it may last months.

Death, taxes, NEVER getting a full night again... your three guarantees as mom. At least she's not waking up with Wes Craven-style nosebleeds! (That's what mine did from age two to about age 10.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)