Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Nursing pads

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'm trying to find a reusable nursing pad that doesn't leak through in the first hour. I am producing a ton of milk, and going through a ton of disposables. I really need to find something that works better. Any suggestions? I've already tried the nuk ones and I leaked right through them within an hour. I just don't want to keep wasting money buying different brands if they aren't going to work for me. Any suggestions?
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:44 PM
I ordered different kinds from zulily. One has some kind of backing that allows breathing but doesn't leak through. The others will leak through so I either stack two or three or put a disposable in between the pad and the bra. I feel your pain. I'll go through five or more pads of disposables a day if I just used those. Night is worse.
tinkerkowski
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Look on Etsy
pmccauley
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 2:24 PM
I hear ya about night. My husband keeps joking around that he is going to buy me a sham wow for at night lol

Quoting hip2it: I ordered different kinds from zulily. One has some kind of backing that allows breathing but doesn't leak through. The others will leak through so I either stack two or three or put a disposable in between the pad and the bra. I feel your pain. I'll go through five or more pads of disposables a day if I just used those. Night is worse.
SW0609
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I found mine in a 2nd hand store. They were in original packaging but they were 100% cotton. I couldn't use the disposable ones they tore up my nipple more than my power sacking DD
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:23 AM
I liked the ones that I make--3 layers of obf with a layer of polyester fleece on the outside to keep the milk in the pad. Hyenacart.com has lots of different ones made by wahms. I'd definitely look for several layers of good absorbent material like obf or hemp and something like fleece or pul on the back to stop the milk from flowing to your bra.
K8wizzo
by Kate on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM
From the cloth diapering world, sham wows don't work because as soon as there's any compression, all the liquid comes right back out, lol.

Quoting pmccauley: I hear ya about night. My husband keeps joking around that he is going to buy me a sham wow for at night lol

Quoting hip2it: I ordered different kinds from zulily. One has some kind of backing that allows breathing but doesn't leak through. The others will leak through so I either stack two or three or put a disposable in between the pad and the bra. I feel your pain. I'll go through five or more pads of disposables a day if I just used those. Night is worse.
angelchewning
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Maybe you could look into milk savers. They catch the milk you leak in a little cup in your bra. .. I'll find it for you.
angelchewning
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM
KristinD1988
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM

The Medela ones are very soft and thick (but not to the point where they make your breasts look deformed). I also leak a lot and these held very well, I just prefer the disposables.

KristinD1988
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I saw those in an add in Parents magazine! Such a coold concept but I wasn't paying that much for those haha

Quoting angelchewning: Maybe you could look into milk savers. They catch the milk you leak in a little cup in your bra. .. I'll find it for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)