Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pediatric chiropractors

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
anyone ever go to one for their lo? we have an appointment tomorrow. what was the experience like and what were the outcomes or benefits of going? were there any noticeable differences?
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was quite fussy. The adjustments were very gentle; he used a little spring-loaded device that was gentle on certain spots. She was less fussy and more relaxed for quite a while.
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I love our Chiro! I saw her while pregnant. Little man wasn't even 24 hours old when he saw her the first time. I really think the adjustments were good for him. She is super gentle. She does adjustments by hand and you would never know she was even doing anything except she tells you exactly what she's doing and why. She puts gentle pressure on the place that is out of place.
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We go to a regular chiro but she does birth and up. Maddox had mild shoulder dystocia during birth and for a few weeks after I noticed him favoring and leaning to one side. We took him in and after one visit he was so much better. He started not leaning as bad, when we got home he filled his diaper(it had been 2 days so it might have been a coincidence) and slept for 3 hrs! He had been cranky and uncomfortable . Took about 2 months to completely straighten him up. I wish I had taken him at a week old instead of a month

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Yes. Our pediatrician actually recommended one to us when she noticed our son was curved laying down. Our chiropracter was very gentle. He did small adjustments and showed me a few exercises to straighten him out at home. I totally believe in chiropractics after that experience (and several others).
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Oh and btw. Our son was pulled out with a suction causing the bad alignment.
Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Ditto, verbatim. 

Quoting hriabywx4: I love our Chiro! I saw her while pregnant. Little man wasn't even 24 hours old when he saw her the first time. I really think the adjustments were good for him. She is super gentle. She does adjustments by hand and you would never know she was even doing anything except she tells you exactly what she's doing and why. She puts gentle pressure on the place that is out of place.

jamie101789
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:30 PM
I don't know what shoulder dystocia is.. but when ariana was born, her right arm was totally limp... it took two weeks or so to get back to normal.

Quoting mamabens:

We go to a regular chiro but she does birth and up. Maddox had mild shoulder dystocia during birth and for a few weeks after I noticed him favoring and leaning to one side. We took him in and after one visit he was so much better. He started not leaning as bad, when we got home he filled his diaper(it had been 2 days so it might have been a coincidence) and slept for 3 hrs! He had been cranky and uncomfortable . Took about 2 months to completely straighten him up. I wish I had taken him at a week old instead of a month

mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM

He tried to come out shoulder first, that's what dystocia is. Kind of messed him up, 

Quoting jamie101789: I don't know what shoulder dystocia is.. but when ariana was born, her right arm was totally limp... it took two weeks or so to get back to normal.

Quoting mamabens:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)