Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Cloth diapers (OT)

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 9:52 PM
  • 16 Replies

We got our taxes back and DH agreed to let me spend a portion of it on cloth! i've got a little over 100 left (already spent some of it), I have an almost 14 month old and am due in July as well.

I currently have lots of pockets, lots of prefolds, and some covers, I'd kinda like to buy more fitteds, and newborn covers. Although i'm up to buying more pockets if they are a good brand.

What do you recommend?

p.s i know there is cuties with cloth booties, but i keep leaving (i think i've left it 3 times now) that group because i rarely post there and all their OT posts overwhelm my "newsfeed" thingy so i don't see any of the other posts from my other groups. If an OT post isn't allowed here i'll delete this and try somewhere else.

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM
I've never used fitteds, but my favorite diapers are gmd prefolds and alvababy pockets. They're pretty affordable. I use fleece covers and OS PUL covers for the tiny baby. He didn't fit the alvas well until he was about a month old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I like bumble bee bumz and ebber deeber and we have several bum genius because they were given to us. I also like flip and econobums covers

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Lol, i left that group for the same.reason, as good of a group that is.

I got most of my cloth diapers on www.cottonbabies.com i buy prefolds because they are cheap, easy and last. I got the covers (bumgenius I believe) that are adjustable with size (although i did have to buy newborn covers and cloth diapers seperately). I.hace a lot of hand me.down cloth from friends, and bought some used from a local buy and sell group
Georgie2
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:43 AM
I'm in the cuties group..but you don't have to be to buy their dipes(-: Cuties stocks on the 15th on Hyena Cart. My favorite AI2's are Squishy Beans. I LOVED her nb Dipes and am currently using Mediums. Her dipes are trim with a PUL outer and OBF soaker. She's on Facebook as well as the Cuties Congo.

Commercial Dipes- I loved my Bluberry covers for the newborn stage. I really like Thirsties too, but early on reached for the Blueberries more. I have Rearz fitteds I got on sale on Zulily and really like them. They run them at a good discount on the set fairly often.
TLIF1281
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Im still kinda new to clothing but we are still in newborn all in ones from lilbamboo. I have some one size pockets tho waiting. I really like the green bees n lil bamboos.
Adams_Rib
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:37 AM

If you sew, you can make them! And if you don't sew, making diapers is a great place to start! 

Krys11anne
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I wouldn't trade my G diapers for anything! Love them. You can sew your own cloth, use other inserts in the pockets, or purchase theirs. 

pregnantmama105
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM

i like my bummis and thirfties nb covers,

but my whole stash is mainly bummis nb prefolds, kawaii and alva baby lol

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I love kissauv fitted for newborns...theyve been great for us

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM

I like thirsties and bummis covers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN