Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lavender and breast feeding

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

I have been getting bad sinus infections and headaches. I have some lavender drops. And I know it will help, but I also know that if applied directly to your skin it can get into your blood stream. So is safe for nursing? How long does it stay in your system..

thanks ladies!

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:15 PM
I cannot imagine that it would hurt anything. We use it directly on our babies, mixed with a carrier oil, to calm and soothe them.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Lavender is safe for babies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nolazimmer
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:36 PM

What is carrier oil? 

Quoting MusherMaggie: I cannot imagine that it would hurt anything. We use it directly on our babies, mixed with a carrier oil, to calm and soothe them.

nolazimmer
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:37 PM

What brand do you use?

Quoting MusherMaggie: I cannot imagine that it would hurt anything. We use it directly on our babies, mixed with a carrier oil, to calm and soothe them.

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:53 PM
A carrier oil is used to dilute the essential oil. I've used coconut, olive, jojoba. Can't recall the name of the lavender offhand. Depends on what's available at Whole Foods.
LaughCryLive
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:54 PM

it's fine. i rubbed it on my dd when she was a baby.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Yep. Safe more puret the brand mixed with a.carrier oil the better :)
hapababies
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Aura Cacia

Quoting MusherMaggie: A carrier oil is used to dilute the essential oil. I've used coconut, olive, jojoba. Can't recall the name of the lavender offhand. Depends on what's available at Whole Foods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicolett80
by Nicole on Feb. 12, 2014 at 2:58 AM
I also use the brands available at Whole Foods, 365 and Aura Cacia.

For a carrier oil, I've used Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Grapeseed oil.

For sinus infections or congestion, we use Eucalyptus oil or Tea Tree Oil.

Quoting MusherMaggie: A carrier oil is used to dilute the essential oil. I've used coconut, olive, jojoba. Can't recall the name of the lavender offhand. Depends on what's available at Whole Foods.
nolazimmer
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We have a local lavender shop here. So I just bought a 1 ounce bottle. Is that's ok?

we don't have a whole foods. Also how can I mix it with the carrier oil? I have coconut oil. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)