Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

So far so good

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

Autumns 1 year check up good so far. 21 lbs 9 oz. I'm nervous because this docs been hinting me to wean at 1 or give cows milk at 1 so today's the day she will say something if she does. She's gonna be mad when I tell her I don't give her iron supplements. Also Chris grandma wants to go out for lunch with me and kids and Chris. I don't want to but one thug outta line I'm NOT going to put up with anything!
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Nicki on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

She's getting big, what a cutie!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM
There's no reason to give iron supplements unless there is a deficiency determined by a blood draw.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM
They detected a faint murmur. I'm sad
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Yet another pediatrician so wedded to the formula culture that she ignores biological imperatives. You however, know better and can educate her. Ask her why cow breastmilk is better for babies than human breastmilk!
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Quoting mama-smurf: They detected a faint murmur. I'm sad

And they probably won't detect it the next time. It happened with both my children. It either wasn't there at all or it went away.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Different doctor. Younger. She said no need for cows milk and she's very happy I'm continuing to breast feed and hopes I do so for long as I can whether it be 2 yrs old or 5!

Quoting MusherMaggie: Yet another pediatrician so wedded to the formula culture that she ignores biological imperatives. You however, know better and can educate her. Ask her why cow breastmilk is better for babies than human breastmilk!
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Feb. 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM
They want her to see cardiologist. She's ahead for weight and length. Above 75%. She's also so surprised she's so calm. Autumn didn't touch stethoscope or anything during check up. She sat still and just smiled.

Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting mama-smurf: They detected a faint murmur. I'm sad

And they probably won't detect it the next time. It happened with both my children. It either wasn't there at all or it went away.
angelchewning
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I just keep telling the pedi that im giving him the multivitamin with iron even tho im NOT. I am only giving him D drops for now until we get some sunshine! im nervous for the 9mo blood draw. he better have good iron levels or ill be found out lol!

Quoting aehanrahan: There's no reason to give iron supplements unless there is a deficiency determined by a blood draw.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Your milk has iron in it. It is the most easily absorbed form of iron that your baby could ingest.

Quoting angelchewning:

I just keep telling the pedi that im giving him the multivitamin with iron even tho im NOT. I am only giving him D drops for now until we get some sunshine! im nervous for the 9mo blood draw. he better have good iron levels or ill be found out lol!

Quoting aehanrahan: There's no reason to give iron supplements unless there is a deficiency determined by a blood draw.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Feb. 12, 2014 at 3:28 PM
I forgot to ask... Are they going to do an actual blood draw or a finger/heel prick to test the iron? The prick tests are highly inaccurate.

Quoting angelchewning:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN